Sep 3, 2011
Snohomish Washington
Name
Michael Humphreys
Boat
25.6' Saratoga Express
Post pix please, My traps are still soakin'

Cwillis

Sometimes you're top boat...sometimes you're not.
Jul 15, 2009
Woodinville, WA
Name
Casey
Boat
23 Pacific
Set your GPS to the following coordinates.

8325 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Portland, OR 97202

Or ask for directions at the ramp to the Acropolis Steakhouse.

Humpy

Admiral
Sep 3, 2011
Snohomish Washington
Name
Michael Humphreys
Boat
25.6' Saratoga Express
I hear you can catch crabs on Aurora ave in seattle, Wa.

Reactions: CrabMaster

J.C.

Run what ya Brung
May 20, 2012
Wa
Name
Justin
Boat
18' aluminum
Set a string across tulalip bay. Thats the spot.

Fuckers were crabbing camano the day before our opener. What a croc of shit.

Siv

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat
19' SeaSport
2 limits in 11 with 5 traps, all big and hard shell. The tribes were pounding it here but they have left plenty for us.

tight lines

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

Cwillis

Sometimes you're top boat...sometimes you're not.
Jul 15, 2009
Woodinville, WA
Name
Casey
Boat
23 Pacific
Well dkne

Chisow

May 24, 2011
Graham, Wa
Name
James
Boat
Dreaming of one.
Some nice looking photos of your catch guys. Thats some Good eats for sure.

Hunter Dan

Jun 30, 2011
Stauffer
Name
Dan
Boat
MUGWUMP
5 limits on 3 picks of 6 traps in MA10. Hard-n-heavy! Lots of males a 1/4" to an 1/8th inch sub legal, so the next molt will replenish the stock.

Clockwork

Feb 16, 2011
covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
GW Marlin
2 limits in 11 with 5 traps, all big and hard shell. The tribes were pounding it here but they have left plenty for us.

tight lines

View attachment 525183

View attachment 525187
Didn't you know about the slot limit? 6.25-6.50 +/- .030

Nice crab, we hit camano yesterday and I've never seen so many soft shelled crab in my life. But the keepers were huge. Managed 12 with 6 traps in 6 hours. Not that great.

windyridgeranch

El Capitan - M/V Cast Away
Sep 28, 2009
Snohomish/WA
Name
Karen
Boat
33' Wellcraft Coastal "Cast Away"
Convinced my hubby to go crabbing today with me. 4 pots - 4 pulls - 4 legal crab. Pretty damn sad. Tried away from the hardest hit areas, lots of too small males, some females. Tasty little hard won treats. Why do I keep wasting the fuel???!!! Commies were pulling pots just outside Everett as we were pulling out. Must they rub it in our faces that they've already taken most of what's there?? Arrgghhh. Stepping off my soapbox now....

Jiff

Jun 30, 2009
Lynnwood, Anacortes WA
www.flickr.com
Name
Jeff
Boat
'95 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge 2655
Three of us got thirteen with six pots underwater for four hours. (13/24 pot-hours = .54/pot-hour). Two hours at Spring Beach, not that great, so we cruised across to Kingston for another two, no better. Lots of almost-legals at Spring. About the same amount of keepers at each. Wasted an hour at Kingston with a carburetor problem, anchored in eight feet of water before we finally got running and dropped the pots.

We only got four or five that were clearly legal. Luke holding one that required the ruler:

Peteb

newbie my ass
Nov 30, 2010
Lake Havasu City, Az
Name
Pete
Boat
20' Wooldridge Pisces II
Convinced my hubby to go crabbing today with me. 4 pots - 4 pulls - 4 legal crab. Pretty damn sad. Tried away from the hardest hit areas, lots of too small males, some females. Tasty little hard won treats. Why do I keep wasting the fuel???!!! Commies were pulling pots just outside Everett as we were pulling out. Must they rub it in our faces that they've already taken most of what's there?? Arrgghhh. Stepping off my soapbox now....
Not to rub it in, but we were right next to you. Watched you pull one about 100' feet or so away. My wife, me & our yellow lab in a burgundy colored Wooldridge. Looked to be about the same depth 80'. We ended up with 9 for 2 sets of 4 pots. 9:30 - 12:30. Nothing huge and a few nice softies that went back, but plenty for company coming over tonight. Maybe your bait? We were using fresh sockeye carcasses. Better luck next time.

windyridgeranch

El Capitan - M/V Cast Away
Sep 28, 2009
Snohomish/WA
Name
Karen
Boat
33' Wellcraft Coastal "Cast Away"
Not to rub it in, but we were right next to you. Watched you pull one about 100' feet or so away. My wife, me & our yellow lab in a burgundy colored Wooldridge. Looked to be about the same depth 80'. We ended up with 9 for 2 sets of 4 pots. 9:30 - 12:30. Nothing huge and a few nice softies that went back, but plenty for company coming over tonight. Maybe your bait? We were using fresh sockeye carcasses. Better luck next time.
Hi Pete! Saw your doggie out on the bow - he looked happy! We were a little shallower with several of the pots. We had salmon, chicken, herring and some liver in our pots for bait. Usually works pretty well for us. I think we are going to try a little deeper. Just need to add some more rope. Did you stay in that same area?

Peteb

newbie my ass
Nov 30, 2010
Lake Havasu City, Az
Name
Pete
Boat
20' Wooldridge Pisces II
Hi Pete! Saw your doggie out on the bow - he looked happy! We were a little shallower with several of the pots. We had salmon, chicken, herring and some liver in our pots for bait. Usually works pretty well for us. I think we are going to try a little deeper. Just need to add some more rope. Did you stay in that same area?
Karen, we we're wrapping it up about the time we saw you guys. Didn't want to bother dropping the pots again for just one more. You'll get 'em next time!

wood2turn

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 17, 2009
Oak Harbor, WA
Name
Terry
Boat
14’ Sterling Sea Skiff - Gypsy Queen
Karen...go deep!
I'm having no trouble finding them in 100-125'
Put 200' of rope on and get to it!

Reactions: Humpy

TunaHore

World Champion Boat Ho
Jun 5, 2012
Island
Name
Tuck
Boat
Carolina Dory
I hear you can catch crabs on Aurora ave in seattle, Wa.
I think some of the brother's picked up grabs in Fife at the last BD get together

Humpy

Admiral
Sep 3, 2011
Snohomish Washington
Name
Michael Humphreys
Boat
25.6' Saratoga Express
Deeper the better!!!
I'm fishing 150 and pitching them back.
4 souls on board and tossed ten keepers overboard using 4 traps...
Hate to rub it in, just trying to get fellow BDers some meat!