CamHat

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 18, 2009
Where the fish are.
Name
Cameron
Boat
Float Tube
Alright, so my brother and I want some suggestions on what lakes to use our float tubes at. Does anybody tube dvl or skinner?

Any suggestions as to which lakes and fishing tips would be appreciated. Would like to keep it relatively local.

Thanks

-Cameron
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Kareem Korn

Muffin Monster
Feb 17, 2005
State of Confusion
Name
Tim
Boat
Longboard, 15' Calibogie ("Bogart")
The river. Not many (if at all) lakes in California will let you use towables due to them popping and people leaving them in the lake to jack up the pumps. So, I guess my answer is.....their illegal in the lakes I live around.

doorman

Bartle Doo
Sep 14, 2009
lakeside
Name
Brett Murray
Boat
21', champion,
Laguna Niguel

OILAGER

Hecho en Estados Unidos
Apr 27, 2006
M Class Planet / Riverside
Name
Wayne
Boat
Grady White 228 Seafarer "GOTTA GET'M"
No tubes at DVL, Skinner or Lake Hemet. Lake Perris, Silverwood and Big Bear (brrrr) are the ones to tube around here.

CamHat

Jun 18, 2009
Where the fish are.
Name
Cameron
Boat
Float Tube
Is Big Bear fishable this time of year?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
There is a bitchin little lake off of I-15 and south of 138. The lake is called "Lost Lake". There is a parking area off of Swarthout Canyon Road about 1/4 mile after the pavement ends. Get an aerail photo from Bing or Google of the area.
The walk from the parking area is about 200 yds. to waters edge. The water is real clear, so light line fishing. I have had the best luck being on the water before light and fishing salted plastics using a split shot.
A lot of "low lifes" fish this lake from shore, but the real action is if you can get in the water and fish towards the shore and on the back side of structures and reeds. I preferred winter time here also because the "low lifes" are out in force during warm weather. You may need a forest adventure pass here too.
For directions: Take I-15 Fwy to Cajon Blvd. exit and go west. Head south on Cajon Blvd and go west on Swarthout. Pavement will end and then you will see dirt parking lot on your north side.

Last edited:

Johnny2

Sep 18, 2009
Arcadia
Name
levan
Boat
Bayliner 2452
I went to Lake Perris last year, saw few people used float tuble fishing around the lake.

CamHat

Jun 18, 2009
Where the fish are.
Name
Cameron
Boat
Float Tube
There is a bitchin little lake off of I-15 and south of 138. The lake is called "Lost Lake". There is a parking area off of Swarthout Canyon Road about 1/4 mile after the pavement ends. Get an aerail photo from Bing or Google of the area.
The walk from the parking area is about 200 yds. to waters edge. The water is real clear, so light line fishing. I have had the best luck being on the water before light and fishing salted plastics using a split shot.
A lot of "low lifes" fish this lake from shore, but the real action is if you can get in the water and fish towards the shore and on the back side of structures and reeds. I preferred winter time here also because the "low lifes" are out in force during warm weather. You may need a forest adventure pass here too.
For directions: Take I-15 Fwy to Cajon Blvd. exit and go west. Head south on Cajon Blvd and go west on Swarthout. Pavement will end and then you will see dirt parking lot on your north side.

I'm assuming lmb fishing?

Chivo

May 16, 2009
HB
Name
Chris
Boat
Tube
laguna niguel lake is an awsome lake to tube for trout. Elsinore is a=good for crappies in the spring. sliverwood is a nice lake for stripers, other than that i don't know of any

aquaholic1

"THE HALIBUT"
Jul 11, 2007
Goleta
Name
Ruben
Boat
18FT Aluminum
float tubing in a lake sucks u should try salt water tubing 4 flatys my buddy got 42 leegs float tubing