Where to launch, I need a dock along side.

Plus One

Coming along...
Aug 24, 2011
Hemet
Name
Jason
Boat
Plus One
Looking to launch my 24’ Walkaround. Willing to go anywhere from Dana Point to San Diego. I need a dock that I can pull along side to assist launching and putting the boat back on the trailer. This is generally a two person job for me/my boat and I’ll be on my own.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Upvote 0

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
I don't understand "need a dock" - all was the SD ramps have docks. Launch, park and retrieve your truck as a single.

Upvote 0

Mike_I

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 19, 2006
Irvine
Name
Mike_I
Boat
Cabo 216 First Love
Are you saying you need a launch ramp where the dock is in line to the ramp? If so Huntington harbor, back bay in Newport, Dana Point all do. Davie's in Long Beach does not. I'm not familiar with Oceanside or San Diego ramps.

Reactions: Plus One

Plus One

Coming along...
Aug 24, 2011
Hemet
Name
Jason
Boat
Plus One
I don't understand "need a dock" - all was the SD ramps have docks. Launch, park and retrieve your truck as a single.
I need to be able to float my boat off the trailer and walk it back using dock lines without being on the boat. I will then repeat the process to load the boat.

I will not be able to put the boat back on the trailer by myself from the boat as I will not be able to climb over the bow to hook the winch.

Upvote 0

Plus One

Coming along...
Aug 24, 2011
Hemet
Name
Jason
Boat
Plus One
Are you saying you need a launch ramp where the dock is in line to the ramp? If so Huntington harbor, back bay in Newport, Dana Point all do. Davie's in Long Beach does not. I'm not familiar with Oceanside or San Diego ramps.
Yes, you got it. Thank you.

Upvote 0

mykiss

(Oncorhynchus) mykiss...
Jul 6, 2014
Name
Wallace Mathes
Boat
'95 Proline 210 Sportsman
Oceanside Harbor and Pepper park in SD both have floating docks alongside the launch ramps so that you can tie up and go get your rig when retrieving and launch, tie up and go park your rig upon arrival by yourself.

Upvote 0

OnoEric

Sometimes I fish
  • Dec 13, 2003
    San Marcos
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    Grady White 208

Yes, you got it. Thank you.

In addition, Oceanside also has finger docks. I don't think any of the San Diego ramps do.

Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    south shores boat ramp in mission bay. I use to do my 28' there by my self..then I got smart and got a slip... then I got smarter and sold the boat...

You might have misunderstood. He wants the dock to be walkable to his trailer, which is not possible at South Shores.

Unless he's 10 feet tall and wants to wade in the water.

Upvote 0

Plus One

Coming along...
    Aug 24, 2011
    Hemet
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Plus One
    Ended up launching at Oceanside. Launch, and load, went very well. Unfortunately the loading part was only 30 minutes after the launching part. Made it to the mouth of the harbor and motor died. Started and died three times in a row as I turned around and put us back on the trailer.

• Angry
    Reactions: Shewillbemine
    Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    Ended up launching at Oceanside. Launch, and load, went very well. Unfortunately the loading part was only 30 minutes after the launching part. Made it to the mouth of the harbor and motor died. Started and died three times in a row as I turned around and put us back on the trailer.

Dang, sorry to hear that. So many times I've seen boats launched and have motor problems at the dock.

Upvote 0

HookEmDanO

Huhuhuge member
  • Jan 31, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Dan-O
    Boat
    1997 Trophy 2352
    Pepper Park is in National City
    J-St Marina in Chula Vista has docks you are looking for

True....but but but...pepper park is on the very southern edge of NC, bordering the northern edge of CV

the J-St launch only has 1 dock like he is looking for...actually..it is a 1/2 dock...cuz the end is blocked off for the police boat
    the other dock is offset and you can not back down along the dock

Upvote 0