ny2sd

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 3, 2010
NY,NY
Name
Frank
Boat
Rowboat
Those wooden tackle boxes are simply amazing...who do you contact to build them and what do they cost??? $1000???

Yellowtail Dan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
There is a guy on here that builds them and does amazing work. He's an SC guy so you know his quality is good. Try hitting the search for wooden tackle boxes. If not I'm sure someone will remember his name

Reactions: DesotoBound

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
I can not say what you will get here but if you scroll down on the pictures on the left side there are some nice ones here. Do not know how big or anything else about them. New York builder...

Last edited:

vegasandre

Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
My Buddy Gabriel (picklepork on BD)in Ventura makes an awesome box with excellent quality ,
He made me this large LR box 4 years ago and I still smell the wood lacquer on it when I go near it.

2016-10-14 23.10.34.jpg

Last edited:

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Reactions: JK47

JK47

May 19, 2019
HB
Name
Alek
Boat
SS Minnow
Harbor Freight has a wood toolbox that could be used.

ny2sd

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 3, 2010
NY,NY
Name
Frank
Boat
Rowboat
Thanks everyone For your help now I know where to look for one!!!!!

JK47

May 19, 2019
HB
Name
Alek
Boat
SS Minnow
16"h x 20"l x 10 5/8"w. Weighs 18.65 lbs. I'd pass it up...
Almost the same as a SKB7200 or 7100

Mtnfshr

Nov 20, 2011
Thornton
Name
Chuck Mc
Boat
none
Almost the same as a SKB7200 or 7100
Never owned one so I wouldn't know. I'm old school and have owned several wooden boxes. I doubt the weight was the same. I did have a nicer one that was probably in that weight range though. My first one was a Semco and it was light enough. Until loaded with jigs and lead. LOL I have found some decent nylon bags in the past and used them, along with Plano boxes fit inside. I still have a strong back so weight isn't really the issue. It's not like I'm in school and have to wear a loaded backpack and walk to and from school. Uphill, both ways and through several feet of snow. More laughing... I simply use what I like. If I ever move back to Kali (doubtful as hell) I would prefer to go with something designed for a saltwater envnironment. Thank you for the info though. More knowledge leads to wiser purchasing decisions.

Reactions: JK47