Glad Wrap

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 21, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Name
Scott
Boat
boat whore
Heading up to Juneau around the end of July. Looking to spend at least one day fishing. either from boat or charter. What's in season or worth fishing for and who do you recommend to fish with. I have zero issues fishing from shore, without a guide or river bank if there is a good chance of catching. Thank you in advance.

Pudd Legend

Oct 3, 2012
Southern California
Name
Lone Ranger
Boat
Float Tube
Just got back from Alaska. Fished In Juneau with captain Matt out of Moore charters. Highly recommended!! Ask for Matt and Claire the green horn deck boss. Had a great time catching rock fish while targeting halibut. Got a 37 inches aboard and a 32 inch king salmon to top it off!! Excellent experience and found them searching on here. I’d highly recommend them we came off of a cruise ship.

Reactions: Glad Wrap

Usctroll

Aug 21, 2017
Texas
Name
Adam
Boat
Hewescraft Pacific Cruiser 26’
I’ll be up there the same time working point retreat down to Funter Bay for silvers and Icy Straights for halibut. You can bareboat from Panhandle Powerboats or book a charter, although most Juneau guys cater to the cruise ship crowd and the results aren’t that impressive. You can definitely do it yourself by booking a boat, renting a couple rods, throwing a blue and white hoochie over a herring strip and trolling with everybody else on the back side of admiralty.

Shore fishing is pretty bad that time of year unless you enjoy fly fishing for pinks, which is admittedly pretty fun.

Pic from one of our best days on Panhandle’s 22’ Hewes slaying a dozen silvers and one king before buying our own boat. I grew up there and have been doing this for years, but you can figure it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glad Wrap
Jul 6, 2010
Moorpark Ca
I did well in Juneau casting from shore at a place the locals called Dipac. It right next to the salmon hatchery. The tourist "guides" will give you a ride tackle and pole for about $75. You can bring your own salmon rig and Uber for cheep.

If you to snag them with weighted treble hook you have to be further away up from hatchery.