? Where to Car Park when meeting at Davies Launch Ramp?

Gringo Sushi

PB Skipper
Jul 22, 2009
Fullerton, CA
Name
Todd
Boat
28' Farallon Whaleback / 24' Skipjack Open
I have been unable to figure a place for family/friends to park when meeting them at Davies. The launch ramp says that parking is only for vehicles with boat trailer attached. We have taken our chances with parking at Albertsons (they tow) and last weekend got popped ($46 ticket) for parking at the marina across the street.

I have called around to the marinas and stores trying to find anyone that will sell an overnight parking pass and can't find anything.

Has anyone out there found a solution to this problem? :imdumb:

Thanks,
Todd

end

Apr 2, 2010
corona
Name
ed
Boat
none
I meet up with who I'm going with in the parking lot across 2nd st on the other side of Stan Miler Yachts. big parking lot

Never a prob.

Ed

Reactions: Croaker.Stroker

deptrai

Jun 19, 2006
Salem, OR
Name
Dave
Boat
Parker 2320 - Trojan Seahorse
I usually park at the movie theater and have my buddy pick me up from there. If the boat owner is real cool, you can park at Khoury's and have him pick you up in the boat at the last dock on the way out of Alamitos Bay.

Aug 7, 2008
carlsbad
Name
DonC
Boat
21 vip vixen
I lived in the bay for years and always had my party park in the under ground parking or in front of ralphs then pick them up at the dock behind ralphs.

Westend

T-Sharker
Jun 23, 2011
Huntington Beach
Name
Grant
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 CuddyCon
I have been unable to figure a place for family/friends to park when meeting them at Davies. The launch ramp says that parking is only for vehicles with boat trailer attached. We have taken our chances with parking at Albertsons (they tow) and last weekend got popped ($46 ticket) for parking at the marina across the street.

I have called around to the marinas and stores trying to find anyone that will sell an overnight parking pass and can't find anything.

Has anyone out there found a solution to this problem? :imdumb:

Thanks,
Todd
have them park next to joe's crab shack and you can pick them up after you launch near the 'shack.

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
Bringing this thread back from the past...

Meeting a skipper of a 30' boat at Davies Launch ramp in LB this saturday morning to fish Catalina. Dont want to inconvenience him by having to pull the trailer around the block or into smaller lots in the area. I checked the LB City websites, couldnt find good info.

I believe you still cannot park trailerless autos in the Davies parking lot and I dont recall ever seeing one parked there. I definitely dont trust the Gelsons, In-n-Out, or Whole Foods (used to be the Seaport Marina Hotel) parking lots.

Can you park in the shoping center where Claim Jumper, Trader Joes, and the Movie Theatres are without getting a ticket or towed?

We have two other guys meeting up and i would feel horrible if I got them ticketed/towed by having the Claim Jumper Plaza Lot be the meeting place.

Any advice or warnings for parking is really appreciated.... not to mention any advice you might want to share about hopefully catching some YT or WSB :).

Plannin on starting at the Rock Quarry and working west up the front side to have a downhill ride home.

I'll post a report and tell you what we ended up doing for parking and hopefully I'll have some fish pix to post.

Thanks fellers!!