Where to buy local caught fish

ryanhn12

Apr 20, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
Name
Ryan Nishi
Boat
nishimaru
What's up everyone! My name is Ryan and I'm a college student in Claremont. I'm from Hawaii and am really missing some poke haha. Back home, most of the tunas are sold at the main auction that's open to the public.

I've heard about the tuna dockside market down in San Diego but I was wondering if there's anything like that closer to LA. I'd be looking to get a whole, moderately sized fish to be able to share with some of my friends and would love to support local.

Mahalo,
Ryan

Upvote 0

Mr. DRE

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Sep 23, 2019
    West Hills, CA
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Private
    Hey Ryan, if you find yourself in the San Fernando Valley LMK. I do not have yellowfin as of yet but I have plently of bluefin, yellowtail and dorado i would not mind sharing. Hopefully the yellowfin start producing shortly. Send me a msg if you are interested.

Tom Honaker

Sep 27, 2015
    Hotchkiss Colorado
    Name
    Tom Honaker
    Boat
    Royal Star
    What's up everyone! My name is Ryan and I'm a college student in Claremont. I'm from Hawaii and am really missing some poke haha. Back home, most of the tunas are sold at the main auction that's open to the public.

I've heard about the tuna dockside market down in San Diego but I was wondering if there's anything like that closer to LA. I'd be looking to get a whole, moderately sized fish to be able to share with some of my friends and would love to support local.

Mahalo,
    Ryan
    Dory fishing fleet market in Newport beach has fresh fish, crab, and shrimp caught daily for sale.

Upvote 0

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
    west coast
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    a fish killing center console
    fish king in glendale has great fish.
    haha i'm responding to my own post. fish king always has at least a few locally caught fish like WSB (channel islands), BFT, YFT, red rock cod and pacific whitefish. they have lots of stuff you can't readily find at other places like opah and albie, as well as a nice selection of stuff from all over the world. quality is tops at this place! they also have the "galley" on one side where you can order all kinds of cooked foods. they have fresh made sushi, as well as all the stuff you would need to make it yourself. they have lots of japanese specialty foods frozen, refrigerated and non frozen/refrigerated. the place is a staple for me and thankfully i live about a mile from it. if you go, take plenty of money because you will go crazy in there.

Upvote 0

ShadowX

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Oct 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Alex
    Boat
    None
    Craigslist.

There is a guy who lists tuna after the weekend and lobster when its out of season. In some days, he would have bocaccio or cowcod for sale. Look for a guy named Ali.

Upvote 0

ryanhn12

Apr 20, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Name
    Ryan Nishi
    Boat
    nishimaru
    Hey Ryan, if you find yourself in the San Fernando Valley LMK. I do not have yellowfin as of yet but I have plently of bluefin, yellowtail and dorado i would not mind sharing. Hopefully the yellowfin start producing shortly. Send me a msg if you are interested.
    Thanks man for the generous offer! I'll definitely hit you up at some point!

Upvote 0