I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 5, 2004
Dana Point
Name
Paul
Boat
30' Skipjack
Hello all,
I retire in three years. I had planned on buying a 55' long range cruiser/sportfisher, but I recently sold my 30' Skipjack and I am really enjoying not having a boat and payment.
I grew up fishing at my parents house in Los Frailes and planned on doing the same as I got older. With the decline of the fishery in the Sea of Cortez and the increase in violence, Baja is not a viable option for me.
I made my first trip to Costa Rica (Tamarindo) this past summer for my daughter's wedding. I really enjoyed the people and the country. I found it to be similar to baja, but has infrastructure and you can drink the water.
I have decided that I would like to buy or build a house and keep a 23' Parker center console (or simalar) boat at the house. I like to catch billfish, dorado, wahoo and roosterfish. I do not know what areas would be the best to consider. I want it in a safe area that when I leave I know things will be safe.
I would also consider Panama.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

tap

"The Roving Angler"
BD Writer
Jun 1, 2006
Valley Center, CA
www.rovingangler.com
Name
Tony Pena
Boat
n/a
Paul, contact Colin Belton at [email protected]. He has a nice property near Paradise Lodge in Panama with all utilities. You can also have a place to moor your boat at Chad's new dock. The location is ideal and close to all the Coiba/Hannibal action.

Tony Peña
"The Roving Angler"

budman

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2006
Puerto Armuelles- Panama
Name
Capt John Maynard U.S.C.G. Licensed
Boat
23' Whaler & 32 Black-Fin sport fisher
Ive lived in both countries for several years, Costa Rica has become just to expensive. I bought a pint bottle of water in Golfito last week $2.15 ! Same bottle here is $.60. Beer is the same. $2.50 at most bars in Costa Rica $.60 retail here. If you buy from the whole sale operators $.30 cents per beer! Food and housing are also more reasonable here in Panama. The big plus is fishing here is much better. Look for the off beat places, Tony is right about either Boca or Puerto Armuelles. Don't wait to long as prices are on the rise. Be sure and buy a boat that has twin motors. Shipping is a killer as is duty and taxes. Look at Craig s list in either Costa Rica or Panama also.Good luck

tap

"The Roving Angler"
BD Writer
Jun 1, 2006
Valley Center, CA
www.rovingangler.com
Name
Tony Pena
Boat
n/a
One example: My brother retired from the medical profession in San Francisco and moved to Costa Rica. After several years there he relocated with his wife to Boquete, Panama where he says it is much better. The sad news is that he doesn't even fish.

Tony Peña
"The Roving Angler"

the donkey

Jul 5, 2008
sevenoaks uk
Name
colin
Boat
triton
hi paul in maldives fishing at mo e mail me or chad he owns paridise lodge , the property is a one off kind regards colin belton