mowitlow

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 5, 2010
So Cal
Name
Ron
Boat
21 ft. Mastercraft
is there a place to get a map of some the "hotspots"that the 1 day through say 8 day boats out of San D visit?
i'm always reading about this "ridge" or that "bank"and im just curious on where they're talking about.
thanks

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
Get charts at a decent tackle store, near you...

Outhouse

Feb 13, 2007
Germantown, TN
Name
Jon Scobey
Boat
Titanic
My kids gave me a waterproof map of the whole Baja Coast that I think they got at Charkbait. Pretty cool as it has all the way to Cabo plus a bit beyond. Guadalupe is shown.

yft1979

Sep 7, 2004
Murrieta
Name
Garrett
Boat
-
The Shogun has a really cool detailed baja map in its salon area. Dont know where they got it, but id really like one too!

offshore6

Where's the tuna?
Aug 20, 2006
Indialantic, Florida
Name
Eric
Boat
Boat Ho
Chart INT 502 has a real good layout of Baja, the Revias, Hurricane Bank, all the way down to Puerto Vallarta. I have it on the wall at work.

It does have the local names of banks like Thetis, Uncle Sam or Lusitania

jkfish

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 13, 2006
san diego
Name
john
Boat
ponga 18'
Go to West Marine with the chart # and they will print you one on the spot with all current changes. It is a very cool state of the art system for full sized charts. Have fun.

Fish Wish

Apr 27, 2008
Burbank, CA, USA
Name
Ken
Boat
20' Skippy
OK, I'll give you a break to get you started. Download and install the free software from Google called "Google Earth" to your computer. If you can't do it, well, you don't deserve this neat free link from BD. :imdumb:

Now, go here:

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/fishing-chit-chat/164529-google-earth-try.html

Follow the instructions that Rick provides and you will have a free guide to most of the fishing spots in Southern California and Baja that folks talk about here at BD. It really is the coolest thing and, best of all, it's free! Don't forget to PM Rick and thank him, and to also discuss his brilliance at creating this map of waypoints.

Then, once you get the picture, follow all of the other instructions mentioned in this thread. Then go out and get 'em!

P.S. Google Maps is great for finding anywhere if you have a name or the coordinates, even underwater structures. Learn to use it for following the remaining entries at BD. Cool, huh?