clubhunter

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 23, 2008
Montgomery, Texas
Name
Rick Stevens
Boat
na
i fly out on the 13th for my first Long Range trip on the Excel 8/14-8-21. Back in Early June, I realized my passport expired so I sent in the App with the check. The check cleared my bank late June. About 3 1/2 weeks ago I went to the web site to check my status and I could not find it so I called the number and talked to a live body. She said that my name was misspelled on the App so we corrected that over the phone. She assured me that it would be no problem getting the passport by the date needed. A week later I called again and was told it's being processed. I decided to pay the Expediting fee to assure that it would get here. Called last Friday and it's still being processed. I thought the expediting would have it mailed by now.
In my mind, I picture my App buried on someone's desk and never getting to it. I can't even get excited about the trip with this BS looming over.

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
That is bull sh*t ,,,,, it should never take that amount of time. I sure hope it all works out for you Rick.

Phil

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 5, 2006
Mississippi
Name
Phil
Boat
n/a
Rick - might be worth calling your US Senator or Congressman's constituent services office and see if they can help. I suspect this question comes up frequently with people trying to get their passport back in time for a vacation. Maybe they have contacts in the Passport Office who can expedite or at least find out a reliable date for you.

Reactions: Tim Turis

clubhunter

Nov 23, 2008
Montgomery, Texas
Name
Rick Stevens
Boat
na
I made an appointment at the Houston office to get my passport done same day on the 11th. Fair warning to everybody out there looking to get passport, pay the expediting fee up front several months out.

Reactions: boatless indago

SemperFishing

Apr 26, 2007
Austin, TX
Name
Dave
Boat
Prefer Long Range or skiffs (great if combined!)
That sucks, fingers crossed for yah. My pucker factor would def be up.

The Great PF

Apr 24, 2012
Carrollton/TX/USA
Name
Roy Todd
Boat
None
Rick - might be worth calling your US Senator or Congressman's constituent services office and see if they can help. I suspect this question comes up frequently with people trying to get their passport back in time for a vacation. Maybe they have contacts in the Passport Office who can expedite or at least find out a reliable date for you.
Phil is right--I had a lot of delays getting a passport for my daughter, and I contacted my congressman. I actually went to his office. I had the passport in about 24 hours after that. And yes, I still vote for him.

clemente_killa

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Jul 29, 2011
Nevada
Name
Casey
Boat
Big X
I had to renew my passport this year due to an upcoming long range trip. It took 19 days after I submitted my paperwork to get it in the mail. No expedited service or anything.

clubhunter

Nov 23, 2008
Montgomery, Texas
Name
Rick Stevens
Boat
na
So yesterday I get an email from the Passport people that my photo could not be used because it doesn't show the color of my eyes well enough..Aug 6th and leave Aug 13th! WTF!!!!!!

Scold

Yes, that's my back.
Dec 1, 2009
San Jose, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
N/A :(
That sucks. More bad news for you though, it's the 7th, not the 6th :(

Reactions: marlyn

bluewaterbum

Jul 16, 2012
Riverside, Ca
Name
Kim
Boat
none
It seems the reasons for your passport being delayed comes down to you misspelling your name and the passport picture not showing the color of your eyes, neither was the fault of passport office.

Just do as other have said and get to one of the passport agencies and get one issued same day, just make sure you get new pictures taken before going

clubhunter

Nov 23, 2008
Montgomery, Texas
Name
Rick Stevens
Boat
na
Rick, how did you misspell your own name
I was typing it on my laptop and I guess I typed in Stsevens instead of Stevens. It was only in one place that it happened. My old passport had everything correct. On my first call to the agency back 3 1/2 weeks ago that was corrected. They didn't even start processing my Passport till about the 5th of Aug.

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
Good news! Just checked my passport status and it had a tracking number on the shipment. It says I should have it by 10:30am tomorrow. Now I can start losing sleep on the anticipation of my first LR trip.
Whew...lol

Reactions: clubhunter

gregory

Jul 1, 2004
da OC
Name
gregory
Boat
float tube
I had a similar problem last month. I applied for a passport and paid extra for the expedite service. I received a letter from the passport office with another application stating it was missing information. I called the passport office 10 days prior to my departure date to find out what was missing and spoke with a live person to find out what was deficient. They told me I forgot a signature. I completed application while on the phone with the passport office and mailed it. I included the date of departure of my trip. My wife called me on my departure date and told me my passport arrived that afternoon but I was already in SD. I was not going to drive back to the OC to pick up my new passport (with passport card) since it turned out we were going to fish in California water only. Whew!

Good luck.

Reactions: clubhunter

desmonic

Jan 11, 2013
Sunnyvale
Name
Dan
Boat
Hopefully One Day
Just curious, do you guys go to passport processing service centers (here in bay area, almost every post office has one) or do you do it yourself and mail stuff? The passport processing centers will review your application, photos, check for all necessary signatures and will submit it for you. No headache and the fee is only $25. Never had any issues.