Where in east San Diego county can I teach my son to shoot an air rifle?

fxbobby

Sep 21, 2005
SANTEE
Name
BOB
Boat
SOLD!!!!!!
I recently purchased a break barrel pellet rifle and want to take my son out target shooting but reading 33 pages of gobeldegook City of San Diego regs left me confused. Is there an area preferably in Santee or El Cajon I can LEGALLY shoot. I saw some info about Jacumba but according to reports that's closed too. Thanks in advance for any info, Bob.

Upvote 0

JFK

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 3, 2008
Santa Cruz, Ca
Name
James
Boat
14' Livingston skiff
Why not just speak to your neighbors and explain the situation. Betting most wouldn't have any issue with it. I used to shoot my air gun in the backyard for hours as a kid. A cardboard box stuffed tightly with newspaper makes a good, safe and quiet backstop to shoot into.

Upvote 0

Gearhead 59

Apr 19, 2017
San Diego
Name
Fleetwood
Boat
HALF INN !
Just a suggestion if you do shoot in your backyard make sure you have a bullet trap area so you have no issues with ricochets depending on where you live you may want to check the local laws contacting the police department will always help they know better than anybody because they'll be knocking on your door if anything goes wrong.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Go to the end of mast past Santana high.I take my dog running there every now and then.Plenty of space there for a pellet gun.You only need 50 yards or so...correct?
Not sure about legality...its a pellet gun though,didnt know there were laws.......officer.
Just park your car and walk around the chain link fence,theres an opening in it.

Upvote 0