Shimano Penn

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 3, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
David
Boat
Fond Memory
So many hot tipping threads, I DO NOT want to go there. But I am curious, where does the beer money go? Most boats charge $4 for a bud/ light/ tecate... the cheap stuff. A twelve pack at retail is $13-15. That's about a $34 profit on every twelve beers. The same basic math should apply to the water, sodas and food. So my question is; does the crew share in this or does it all go the boat/ owner? OR does it go to some outside source that provisions the boat? Who buys it, delivers it and loads it?

Haly0

Pescado hunter
Aug 10, 2015
Surf city, usa
Name
Hal
Boat
lightest load party boat available
At Daveys locker/Newport landing. The galleys are either owned by the owner of the boat or the 1st captain. The galley cook does majority of the shopping for groceries. Boats like the freelance have a full liquor license since it runs harbor cruises in the winter time. We get shipments from straub. They are EXPENSIVE just like any restaraunt or bar

J Woodman

I know nothing
Dec 8, 2006
Ventura
Name
Jeff
Boat
15' Gregor Baja Special "Silver Bullet II"
On most boats the galley is operated by the owner of the boat. In a few cases as Hal already said the galley is run by the captain instead of the owner. Whoever runs the galley is responsible to provide all supplies, food, beverages, cleaning, and any necessary licenses. They also get all the profits from sales. If the captain is running the galley instead of the owner, he probably pays the owner to lease the galley so the owner also gets some of that beer money also.

Reactions: Haly0

LEGENDS

Yogi Bear
May 7, 2011
Lakeside
Name
Sam
Boat
None
You guys buy your beer??? Hahahahahahahahaha
Me too

Paulo Grandez

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 28, 2014
Name
Paulo
Boat
N/A
My first trip this season is on May 21st and all I can think about is having a cheeseburger from the galley.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
After thinking for 5 seconds about this I decided.
I really don't give a fuck who supplies the food. Don't Care who cleans up.
And really don't care who makes the money.
None of my fucking business.
Stay out of my business and I will stay out of yours.