Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Got a new club in Niland this year, trying to figure out the towns. Where does everyone meet up for breakfast or lunch?

(EDIT:I went to the Buckshot 10-19-12 for dinner with my buddy Steve S. The new, since last hunting season, wait staff was on top of things and the cheeseburgers were damn good! Everyone I talked to likes it now.) The Mexican place across the street is OK at best. (Edit Mex. place has been renamed, anybody try it) I forget the name of the other little place in the strip mall, only been there once or twice and it's not bad for what it is.
    We used to go to the restaurant in Calipat just E of the 111 next to the hardware store. It's generally good but has changed hands a lot. Has gone from Chinese to Chinese/Mexican food to I think just Mexican food by the end of last hunting season, It's worth a look compared to the Niland options.
    If you want a killer dinner make the drive to the Town Pump in Westmoreland. Well worth the drive. Great food at very reasonable prices.
    Or go to the grocery store just W of the 111 on the N side in Calipat and buy the Carne Asada at the butcher counter and BBQ.
    The Calipatria Queen Market SE corner of same intersection,has hot food to go. Most of it is edible including the slices of pizza.

If you want something hot at o-dark 30 you might as well go to the snack shack at Wister for a breakfast burrito. I think everyhing else is closed anyway. No Denny's or Jack in the Box for 40 miles.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Ok so pb&j from home. Thanks!

I was told town pump as well, will check it out.

Make sure and check the hours before going to the Town Pump. As I recall we've had to wait a while for it to open. i don't think it's open for lunch.

We often bring lobsters tails and fish and or Carne Asada and bbq in the campground at Wister if you wanna crusise by and grub out and bs let me know or cruise by the S end of the overflow lot and look for my :waglleybooty:
    We can compare Spoonies

Upvote 0

Huntndogs

Hunt with an ugly dog!
    Oct 9, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    16' Duck killing machine
    The one time I ate at the Town Pump it was awefull....At least the Prime Rib was. There is a Circle K in Calipatria, get a frozen burrito and a 40 of Schlitz.

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
    ramona /ca/usa
    Name
    doug
    Boat
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    The one time I ate at the Town Pump it was awefull....At least the Prime Rib was. There is a Circle K in Calipatria, get a frozen burrito and a 40 of Schlitz.

There was prime rib at a resturant in Niland!

:_diarrhea_:

Upvote 0

OTHGV

Jun 7, 2011
    Fresyes, ca
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    Whale Watcher boat ho!
    Brawley has several great restaurants. 111s to 86/78e the el jarito Mexican! Off the hook!
    Steak house by the town circle. East and 6th. They also have fast food.

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
    Feb 24, 2003
    East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
    Name
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
    all that "inconvenience" for fucking fowl? :shake:

you guys are funny. LOL

Upvote 0

lega*sea

Nov 18, 2011
    canyon lake
    Name
    james
    Boat
    lega*sea 17' Arima sea ranger and SAUERFISH
    del taco is a 5* restaurant down there. I had the worst food poisoning of my life from the old chinese food place a few years back in niland. the pizza joint is not bad there.

Upvote 0

lega*sea

Nov 18, 2011
    canyon lake
    Name
    james
    Boat
    oh yeah...... Bombay beach has the bomb toothless hotties. just dont get ice in your drink. place is filthy

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat

That's the first time I've ever heard that said.....I'd say it's the best within 200 miles

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    del taco is a 5* restaurant down there. I had the worst food poisoning of my life from the old chinese food place a few years back in niland. the pizza joint is not bad there.

We liked the Chinese place. Sorry to see it go . Never had a :_diarrhea_:problem thankfully.

Upvote 0

lega*sea

Nov 18, 2011
    canyon lake
    Name
    james
    Boat
    i loved it too until that day. best fried rice!!!! good prices. just one :_diarrhea_:incident did it for me.

Upvote 0

OTHGV

Jun 7, 2011
    Fresyes, ca
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    Whale Watcher boat ho!
    all that "inconvenience" for fucking fowl? :shake:

you guys are funny. LOL

Gotta do something when the weather sucks. After the weather sucks I ski. The weather does get bad up here in the CV, unlike wister.
    I often wonder wtf am I doing wading though water, stuck in mud carrying way too much crap and it's raining or foggy and wet.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Gotta do something when the weather sucks. After the weather sucks I ski. The weather does get bad up here in the CV, unlike wister.
    I often wonder wtf am I doing wading though water, stuck in mud carrying way too much crap and it's raining or foggy and wet.

Yep. Duck hunting ain't for everybody. Kind of a either you are or you aren't thing. The first time I ever went duck hunting I almost died from exhaustion plowing through quicksand and I thought I was going to lose my feet to frostbite. We shot 1 teal for 5 guys.....I loved every minute of it and couldn't wait to go again.

Upvote 0

KID CREOLE

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Sep 19, 2003
    San Pedro, Ca.
    www.yayacalls.com
    Name
    Stefan
    Boat
    Grady White 263 Chase
    The Buckshot in Niland sucks ass. The only thing worse than the food is the service. Only place I've ever seen where the waitress get's overwhelmed serving two tables cheeseburgers. Maybe this year things will have improved?? The Mexican place across the street is OK at best. I forget the name of the other little place in the strip mall, only been there once or twice and it's not bad for what it is.
    We used to go to the restaurant in Calipat just E of the 111 next to the hardware store. It's generally good but has changed hands a lot. Has gone from Chinese to Chinese/Mexican food to I think just Mexican food by the end of last hunting season, It's worth a look compared to the Niland options.
    If you want a killer dinner make the drive to the Town Pump in Westmoreland. Well worth the drive. Great food at very reasonable prices.
    Or go to the grocery store just W of the 111 on the N side in Calipat and buy the Carne Asada at the butcher counter and BBQ.
    The Calipatria Queen Market SE corner of same intersection,has hot food to go. Most of it is edible including the slices of pizza.

If you want something hot at o-dark 30 you might as well go to the snack shack at Wister for a breakfast burrito. I think everyhing else is closed anyway. No Denny's or Jack in the Box for 40 miles.

Come on Carl the Buckshot is just fine. Good burgers, salads Taco plate and hot pie and ice cream

Upvote 0

OTHGV

Jun 7, 2011
    Fresyes, ca
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    Whale Watcher boat ho!
    Yep. Duck hunting ain't for everybody. Kind of a either you are or you aren't thing. The first time I ever went duck hunting I almost died from exhaustion plowing through quicksand and I thought I was going to lose my feet to frostbite. We shot 1 teal for 5 guys.....I loved every minute of it and couldn't wait to go again.

The first day I went and saw ducks respond to a call I was addicted. Got calls got tapes and practiced. Still do a lot! The second time was by myself with no dog and just a whistle. I got lost in the fog. Wanted to find where I was at. Fog lifted about 10 am. I was a pond off. Moved over to where we were and killed 2 teal and a spoonie. Thougt the spoonie was a pintail! Lmao! Old man about fell over laughing. Later in the season I was feeling good about ducks. Only want down once. Got good clothes and the messier/wetter the better. Fog flat out sucks. Turn on your light and you can't see. Turn it off and it's the same!
    Once set up and your waiting for daylight is when the fun of duck hunting starts. Like all fun things, it's hard work and rewarding but it sure can test your strength mentally an physically.
    I found it easier to hunt alone, but can be boring in the fog. But I only have to deal with my crap. The petty asshat I used to hunt with made me tow the cart with all his crap cuzz he had to carry his dog stand and would allow Bella to retrieve my ducks too! The dog broke, ignored, chewed and never had food so it was a begging bitch.
    You come this way let me know!

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
    Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    I wait for Sluester to start the bbq then come out the tent.

Upvote 0

Albacrazy

NUCKIN FUTS 4 2NA
    Sep 24, 2006
    Vegas
    Name
    Drew
    Boat
    18' Coleman
    Falling Feathers always has the best grub in the Valley!

Upvote 0

BluefinCurly

Skipper
    Aug 15, 2004
    Norwalk
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    Vagabond, The Last Minute
    Buckshot is OK.
    The donut shop in calipat (next to Zindejas)actually has good burgers, mexican food, and Pizza.
    Friday or Saturday night the Calipat inn has steaks and ribs.

The Town Pump moved to Imperial and the new owners are christian and dont serve booze (best part ofthe pum was the martinis).

We eat in camp, but have the conveineces necessary for puttin up good grub.

Upvote 0

aeon

ugh....
    Apr 11, 2006
    foothill ranch
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    /600hp ls3 powered Airboat
    Since I got banned from falling feathers, I'll have to come eat at your camp Carl :)

By the way this weekend while dove hunting I kicked up about 400 cotton tops out of a wheat field! Migratory birds are down early for a change :)

Upvote 0