Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Alright, considering the fact that everyone on here SEEMS to have caught some fish last year, what did you do with it??????????

I know for myself I took some to work blah blah but I only processed 5 tuna and 4 coho last year beyond what was bbq'd fresh. I have 8 quarts of tuna and 1 pint of coho left. It is time to ramp up for another year.
Honestly.............how much do u guys have left!!!!?????

Everyone is gonna say that their grandma made tuna whatever haha!!!!???? Educate me

tambs

Yo BD! Color Screens-Invented Mid '50s. Jus sayin.
Oct 1, 2009
Tri-Cities, WA
Name
Tom
Boat
"Bottom Line" - 25' Carolina Classic SF
Smoked, canned, grilled, baked, and gifted most of it.

Reactions: hybridcx

hybridcx

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 12, 2009
Sequim, Wa
Name
Jacob
Boat
22' c dory "plus 3"; willie db
we eat some sort of sea food 3-4 times a week. as stated above smoked canned baked, grilled, and gifted most of it. have 2-3 loins of tuna in freezer still. white meat is all this years minus a pack or two of ling. I prefere canned tuna to sit 9-12 months before eating it so were always cycling through that. and whatever salmon I have left come June we smoke it all and thats what we have for this years smoked fish. we catch a fair amount and eat a fair amount. try to take only what we will consume in a years time. for crab we only eat fresh and gift the rest, never had a problem giving it away.

Hunter Dan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 30, 2011
Stauffer
Name
Dan
Boat
MUGWUMP
Pulled 98% of my salmon for Christmas smoked fish. Polished off my halibut and prawns in February, but unfortunately I did not go tuna fishing last year. Think I smoked up a good 30 pounds of salmon for the holidays though. Took salmon, halibut, prawns and razor clams to deer camp for the big pot luck too.

Badfish Pat

Average size "Member"
Apr 10, 2012
Seattle, Wa, USA
Name
Patrick
Boat
26' Boston Whaler Outrage "PAC-MAN"
My buddy vacuum sealed all of my ling and halibut for me after one of our trips this year, brought it to work to give to me. By the end of the day about 3/4 of the fish was gone. Oh well, I'm sure that is the best fish most of my co-workers will ever have....

Prawns are usually gone within a week of catching (and we catch a lot almost year round)

Salmon and tuna get vacuum sealed and are usually gone by the following season. with a fair amount given to family and coworkers. I have not tried canning yet, but I did swap the cannery a couple years back at a 2:1 ratio if I remember correctly.

Last edited: