Ron
Boat
18 Glastron, BBLU
Where did all the tuna go???

In our freezers yesterday. LOL :D LOL

The 181, 182, 43 lately

South of the border sportboats?

Several boats fished south and only found small yellowfin and dorado FYI
Warm water at the 182 would be my guess.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Warm water at the 182 would be my guess.

That would be a bad guess! The 182 was dry.

Today was big time void of tuna catching (did see some) for almost everyone fishing in US waters right up to the beginning of the 33 line. Further up North and past there were lots of Dorado seen on kelps, and a few (very few) tuna caught around the 181.

I'm sure there were a few more, but I only heard of 3 tuna caught today. The talk was definitely how few tuna were taken.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
Take a good look at tempbreak and their 1 day composite sst. There are several killer tempbreaks out there. Try one of those. I know it is harder than chasing party boats, but so much more satisfying to find your own fish.

Upvote 0

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
That would be a bad guess! The 182 was dry.

Today was big time void of tuna catching (did see some) for almost everyone fishing in US waters right up to the beginning of the 33 line. Further up North and past there were lots of Dorado seen on kelps, and a few (very few) tuna caught around the 181.

I'm sure there were a few more, but I only heard of 3 tuna caught today. The talk was definitely how few tuna were taken.

Try halfway between the 181 and 182. 3 degree temp break.

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    No fish caught ??Fisherman ? Maybe you should try inshore reports?
    You mean private boats? LOL Where do you see no fish caught?
    Hell Thunderbird had 123 Yellowfin and 1 ALBACORE today, others had 30-80 yellowfin too. I give?

Reactions: Bowman5
    Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    No fish caught???? Maybe you should try inshore reports? You mean private boats? LOL Where do you see no fish caught?
    Hell Thunderbird had 123 Yellowfin and 1 ALBACORE today, others had 30-80 yellowfin too. I give?

Not sure if you're talking to me but if so......

I'm talking the areas I said. Did someone catch some fish...... Oh I'm sure some did, but the upper 9, and the 182 and along the ridge were very dead action for "Catching" tuna today. Matter of fact the tuna fishing was very slow in most US water areas today.

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    The thing you must remember, a good body of tuna can move 50 miles or
    more overnight, and temps change with currents.Lot can happen in 24hrs!
    Anyway good luck fishing everyone...I'll just watch from the bleechers. LOL

Last edited:
    Reactions: Uglybones
    Upvote 0

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
    Fullerton
    Name
    SM
    Boat
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Friend had a charter on the Limitless today and texted me a report as they were passing Catalina on the way in: 33 YFT and 3 BFT. No skiffs followed them, nor were they harassed by the dreaded boiling outdrive boats.

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
  • Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    Last year the tuna were gone by labor day. we went from the upper nine to the lower nine,, 182, 43 and back....worked it hard on Tuesday for nada

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    The thing you must remember, a good body of tuna can move 50 miles or more overnight, and temps
    change with currents.

I don't think I've ever forgotten that ;)

There was tuna seen today in the areas mentioned, but they just didn't want to play today for the most part. today was much more of a dorado day for most boats fishing US waters further North.

Upvote 0

dschifan

Almost A Member
    Jan 30, 2011
    la mirada/CA/LA
    Name
    dustin schifano
    Boat
    Hydra Sport 26 Vector
    Was curious where the scores came today on alot of the boats. There are alot of fish in front of dana to Diego but tough biters. The sport boats are fishing more of the 277 to mackerel I believe.

Reactions: lj.fish
    Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    I would like to take a moment and apologize to all fisherman who dont catch fish from this day forward.im feeling a little guilty right now........im pretty sure i killed all the tuna :( sorry.

Upvote 0

TConklin

Oct 8, 2009
    San Diego
    Name
    TConk
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    Take a good look at tempbreak and their 1 day composite sst. There are several killer tempbreaks out there. Try one of those. I know it is harder than chasing party boats, but so much more satisfying to find your own fish.
    Went out to tuna catching at nice temp break off tamarack, could see the steamer while bleeding tuna and dodo.

SO MUCH more gradifing to find a school or schools and paddies by yourself.

Reactions: geno machino
    Upvote 0

ironnutts

Feb 18, 2007
    san diego
    Name
    FisherMinh
    Boat
    20ft trophy
    Well we did manage to get 1 tuna on the boat yesterday but my buddy still considered it a skunk bcuz it did not fight...i saw my buddy's line coming back towards the boat really fast and told him to wind fast u got a fish on, when he got all the slack out, the fish was on my gaff took probably 1min and a half to get on the boat. Fish didnt even take any line so there wasnt a fight. So thats why he say were still skunked. Buddy boat did manage to get a marlin on his boat. We was northwest from the lower 9 plus lots of small tunas but no takers

Upvote 0