WHERE CAN I BUY...........

Discussion in 'Boating Discussion' started by ?? fisherman, Jun 24, 2015.

1. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    A Rectifier Regulator for my Yamaha 115hp 4 stroke.

I've been off the water for WAY too long and I'm about to lose it! I've had a charging issue/problem since November, and well, lets just say far too many things have gotten in the way for me to have had even the slightest time to work on the boat.

Just today, I got the chance to poke around on the boat and hook-up the Voltmeter to it and try to figure out what I truly believe is a basic and easy fix problem.

Ok, so after taking some readings this evening, I am pretty certain I know what the problem is, and that's that my rectifier/regulator has gone bad.

I'd like to be able to just go somewhere local (Mission Bay area) and pick that part up. Anybody know of somewhere not to far where I can get this part?

I NEED to get back on the water in a bad BAD way!!!

Any and all help is appreciated!!

Thanks!!

The unknown fisherman:p:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. irob2

irob2 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    robert
    Boat:
    REEL ADDICTION/STRICTLY BUSINESS
    jp motorsports chula vista is a Yamaha dealer

3. ?? fisherman

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    Right on Robert, thank you for that info!

If nobody throws up a closer location, then I will be giving them a call and probably a visit.

On another note, I'm trying to figure out about how much these things are. I was first seeing ebay prices for around $100 and under. But then I went on another link, and saw these listed for $400+ :eek:

Somebody in the know, please tell me they aren't that expensive!!

4. NGSD1

NGSD1 Dreamer

Name:
    Nick
    Boat:
    35 Cabo Express
    Mike, I know you want local but I have got a lot from SIMYAMAHA. Quick easy and decent pricing. Have you tried them? Time and gas might be worth the trade off? If you can't get back on the water soon you can always hop on my boat!

http://www.simyamaha.com/

gecsr1 likes this.
  5. ?? fisherman

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    Hey Nick, thanks for the info!

Nope I haven't tried them, so maybe I will try? Do you have any idea of how long it takes to arrive after purchase?

I greatly appreciate the offer to fish with you........ super cool offer!!

My dilemma is this. I'm about to get slammed with two big back to back trade shows with hardly a day off for probably a while. The first is Comic Con which starts moving in on about July 3rd. So in the days to follow, I still have work, but am hoping to try and get this fixed asap in hopes of maybe getting out at least once (if not more) before all this July work starts.

After July, who knows, I may then have some time to fish.

Huge thanks again Nick for the offer...... I'll have to see how the following days pan out between kids, work and helping my parents with some things.

6. NGSD1

NGSD1 Dreamer

Name:
    Nick
    Boat:
    35 Cabo Express
    I am sure you can expedite shipping if needed but it sounds like you wont be out soon enough to expense that anyway.

Sent you a PM

7. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    Mike I replaced it on my Merc. It was built by Yamaha and the parts interchange, Yamaha's are better the Mercs have some issues. The Yamaha was a couple hundred less than Merc. and the Merc. was 500. I got one on ebay for 100 and it came three days later. You may want to check out ebay again because it was a couple hundred less and only took three days to get, check the shipping time... i have found them to be pretty much on time.

You know I am always looking for someone to go fishing with, going again tomorrow just the three of us, Me, Myself, and I.

8. TAPOUT

TAPOUT Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Erik
    Boat:
    Cabo 48 FB "Outlaw", Yellowfin 26 Hybrid "Boomer"
    Sea Witch in Vista probably has it. Call and ask for Ivan. Or, call Andy at SIM. It will take 3-5 days to get the part. No sales tax.

9. gecsr1

gecsr1 28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
    Andy @ Sim's Hands Down... He's also on thehulltruth.com

I buy all my Yamaha parts from him... He cares that you get the right parts and also quick...

10. el Toro

el Toro I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Nate
    Boat:
    Artemis
    I've been able to talk Robbie Gordon into selling me parts in the past. Might be worth a walk over.

11. Andrewxxx

Andrewxxx Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Boat:
    1985--18.5 Holiday Center Console
    It sounds like you're not 100% that its the rectifier, I wouldn't go buying electrical parts that are not returnable. Either get someone that knows for sure or take it to one of the local shops. I made that mistake before trying to troubleshoot my tilt and trim. I bought a solenoid only to find out days later it was a loose battery cable. Craziest thing is the boat started and everything was normal except the trim button just clicked. But hey, that's just one opinion.

@-EZ likes this.
  12. curt lj.

curt lj. .

Name:
    curt ljungquist
    Boat:
    22 sea cat/16 klamath
    or if you want, i could just tow you around a trip or two. the fish are close