Where are the Area 4 hali reports n pics?

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
It's a secret. Only me and about 5k Mason's patrons know the answer.

Slow for us but we didn't put our big boy pants on and run to far offshore. Only about 12-15 miles... The guys that did from what I know did well. Halibut where brought in from all open area's.

I won't be back for a couple weeks hoping the shit show mellows out.

Reactions: Swede

Olyfishin

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 2, 2018
Olympia
Name
Dave
Boat
20' Trophy
That bad? Yikes. I'm still having PTSD from the Chinook season crowds up there. I heard fishing was abnormally slow from my buddy. Had to work and work in crappy ocean conditions.

moravec

Boston Whaler 18' Outrage
Nov 29, 2008
Snoqualmie, WA
Name
Andrew Moravec
Boat
Boston Whaler 18; Outrage
Going next weekend. Hope there's one or two left!

fishing fanatic

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
Leave it to bob to ask for a report! Hey bob.... go fishing. You have the boat and only you can conquer the fear of a blank day! We have all had them

danny warren

Jun 1, 2014
Name
Danny
Boat
14ft minnow,17ft Willies driftboat
No I had a great group of friends with me

Olyfishin

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 2, 2018
Olympia
Name
Dave
Boat
20' Trophy
Sounds like Westport might be a better option for next weekend. Hmm...thanks for the report!

mrfish11

"Just a captain"
Aug 3, 2009
Olympia,WA
Name
Brian
Boat
Parker 2320, 17x60 Willies
Westport was pretty slow. As of 415pm I had not had a single bite in an area that I usually have pretty consistent action. Maybe it will turn around this week.

Bob Woods

Apr 2, 2019
Shelton, Wa
Name
Bob Woods
Boat
24 ft Allied
Oh I'm not afraid of a blank day Jason, I've had a few. Did great at Area4 king fishing though. I was just trying to get a little Intel to decide between Westport or the Straits this coming week. Thanks n Good luck everyone!

glacierboat

Sep 5, 2019
anacortes
Name
John Ryan
Boat
Glacier Bay
Had to run to Area 3 but it was worth it. Limits for 4 on lingcod and halibut. Sekiu had no vacancies at resorts and the docks @ Masons. I asked when you need to show up for a dock space and the attendant told me to come early in the week.

TimeZoned

24’ Hewes Alaskan
Apr 27, 2013
Port Orchard
Name
Jeff
Boat
24’ Hewes Alaskan
Oh I'm not afraid of a blank day Jason, I've had a few. Did great at Area4 king fishing though. I was just trying to get a little Intel to decide between Westport or the Straits this coming week. Thanks n Good luck everyone!
There are no halibut in Westport

fishing fanatic

May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
Westport or the stairs? I’m really confused. It’s either area 3&4 or 1&2 if you’re looking for consistent halibut fishing this time of year. I’ll be in the 3&4 Thursday through Saturday by water and anchoring at night to avoid the literal shit show at Sekiu. Glad I got 200 gallons

Reactions: Wild Bill

danny warren

Jun 1, 2014
Name
Danny
Boat
14ft minnow,17ft Willies driftboat
The fish are not in the normal spots that they are in During May June. Took a few days to find them

slab tech 1

Works overrated- lets go fishing
Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
My boys and I loaded the camper on the truck and hooked up the boat and took off on Tuesday to CQ to get a campsite and dock space. Olsons didn’t have any space for over 22’ boat. We did get a spot a Van Ripers. It was pretty busy by Wednesday night. We ran out to Swiftsure Thursday morning and only picked up one butt and couldn’t keep the true cod off. Then we went in to the garbage dump and picked up 2 more butts. Friday we went to garbage dump and picked up 2 more and limits of lings and sea bass. Saturday all the kids wanted to do was fish for sea bass. I tried for hali for an hour but current was ripping so kids got to fish their sea bass. We fished for salmon out in front of Sekiu a little bit and got 3 hatchery silvers but the jacks were thick and couldn’t keep them off. It was a fun week with my kids and camping. The halibut seemed to be really hitting the pipe jigs over bait at the garbage dump.

AC79F1AE-AA51-4874-BFF2-2A490396ABB0.jpeg

B8BFB426-82A4-4C2F-BCC4-3C8E4F79A1D6.jpeg

4F752628-08C2-4ABC-8E83-D25D788DD670.jpeg