karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
I was out there and stayed to about 8:30. I left because the fog was closing in. It was my first solo bug run. There were only three or so boats around me earlier. I got there around 5PM plenty of time to drop traps and fish bass. Only a bump! In the end I ended up with 6 keepers and about 50 shorts. Some of the radio bugs sounded like someone was having a great night! I did not get much on the first pull about 6 shorts. The real show was about 7 to 8. The ride home was crap! I think my vis as about 30 ft to the stern. You can't tell looking forward. You are just driving in a cotton ball. VFR all the way to the barn. No radar, but GPS is a wonderful thing my friend, don't leave home without it! Your trace will save your ars!

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Good job on the bugs.

I don't have radar either, but I have my AIS marine radio hooked into my chart plotter via NEMA and it shows any vessel broadcasting a signal. Not as good as radar but better than nothing in the fog.

Reactions: Paulle37
    Upvote 0

karlow

Twins 2017
    Apr 29, 2004
    Duarte/Covina
    Name
    karl
    Boat
    20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
    That's a good idea at least that way u should not hit anything really big, just most boats under 30 ft or so! I'm just running my cat tracks on the chart. Pucker power boyZ!

Reactions: eddie8157
    Upvote 0