short-range

Independence
Jan 3, 2010
Thousand Oaks
Name
John
Boat Name
Independence
Intrepid said shine it BFT not wanting to play head north and hit the sea bass lol

289756224_5321277307926607_2624744409427598978_n.jpg

intre.JPG

tunacraze

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 27, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    Steve Brunton
    Boat Name
    The Big Ones
    They're on a 5 day. So, they can come back down and try for bft too! This is not the first time they have done this either.

Reactions: butcherboy
    Upvote 0

Chuck Roast

Jul 16, 2012
    LA CA USA
    Name
    Chuck Roast
    Boat Name
    20' Skip
    I’m sure the boats up there were happy to see them up there too.
    No doubt jerdog. However it's a free ocean. I beleive Bill k. Who runs the intrepid started out up there, and knows the players, and that area well. Smart move on his part. Beats spending 2 days and nights on a sport boat trying to get those darn tuna to bite an only getting 8 for all that time and effort!

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat Name
    One that floats
    No doubt jerdog. However it's a free ocean. I beleive Bill k. Who runs the intrepid started out up there, and knows the players, and that area well. Smart move on his part. Beats spending 2 days and nights on a sport boat trying to get those darn tuna to bite an only getting 8 for all that time and effort!
    That’s so true, his brother owns the Dawn out of Ventura.

Upvote 0

chilidip

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 26, 2006
    North OC
    Name
    David
    Boat Name
    17' Logic CC
    That is the LR trip I’ve dreamed of.. going north for some WSB and going back down south for BFT/YT. Only one in the LR fleet that would do this since the Cavanaugh brothers grew up fishing the Channel Islands. Looks like a great trip. Hope they score some halibuts as well.

Upvote 0

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
    Jan 19, 2007
    San Clemente
    Name
    Tim
    Boat Name
    None
    What boat is doing that?
    Scott
    The Intrepid made 4 tanks of squid while up at the island fishing seabass then they had limits of BFT last night while everyone else has been struggling...

It's a known fact that BFT love to eat squid so just speculating what they used all that squid for....

I was on a trip where when we drove over a big school at night the captain ran down on deck and proceeded to brail massive amounts of sardines over the side in the dark. Never seen that before. It stopped the school and it stuck with us for 4 hours as we laid wood to them on the jigs

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 11, 2003
    Costa Rica from San Diego
    Name
    Brad
    Boat Name
    Yamaha FX SHO
    Yes.

Summer 2002 Oceanside 95 3.5 day for $495 with meals. Albacore were close so went on the O side 95 with some mixed BFT. The first night a few very experienced anglers made small size humboldt squid late at night and landed 2 or 3 BFT before gray light

I copied them the next night and made a squid before pre-dawn also,. Sent it down on a 2 ounce slider and 7691 before the boat started fishing and looking. A 30lb BFT ate the squid and I think. From tentacle to end. The squid was longer then the fish. Crew said shark. It was a BFT

Then hooked a 40 pounder on a albacore slide with bass gear. Captain bet me my galley tab. I couldn't boat the fish. I still tipped :D

Then in 2003 went to Alijos. The year of the 60-150 pounders and caught this size squid, which was smaller then the BFT squid on the Oceanside 95. Sent it down just before gray light on a 2 ounce slider and a 7692. Caught a 100 pound YFT. Tuna love squid. Close to a flyer

150743-1221239787-892ce98269deb6dccb2c00f61c1a9290 (1).jpg

The Pacific Voyager made LJ winter February squid. We brought live squid to collonet. And had insaine YT and rocky fishing while other boats had it tough

Last edited:
    Upvote 0