When it's all over. ( This Season)

Vibora

Aug 18, 2011
Murrieta
Name
Adam
Boat
Yes
What will become of all you " Animal Trainers"?

This season has been outstanding, one for the books to be sure.

A few " first's" for me as well. First time I've been out more than twice in the past 6 yrs. First time slaying Sea Beasties with my wife and having her outfish me.

The last time I had a freezer full of Tuna, it was full of Albacore. Yes it's been a while.

I feel as though coming off this " high" will be like some kinda gnarly withdrawals so, I don't want it to end.

And then, what do most of you do during the colder months, rockfish? Are there Yellows at the Islands year round?

Anyways , just thinking out loud.

Happy Slaying !!

Last edited:
Reactions: rile-b-fishn

Vibora

Aug 18, 2011
Murrieta
Name
Adam
Boat
Yes
Yeah, I used to hunt Pheasant in NorCal , years ago. Don't even know if there are any left there.

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
Go to mexico...

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
I'm already done with fishing, it's Bambi season! Unless of course the dodes are thick in the count, then maybe one more :rofl:

Vibora

Aug 18, 2011
Murrieta
Name
Adam
Boat
Yes
I spose I could tune up my bikes that have been parked in the garage for a few years and go to Ocotillo, or head to the races. MDR, SCORE, SNORE.

2small

N
Jun 8, 2009
san diego
Name
m
Boat
228 Grady Seafarer
Was thinking the same thing the other day. What came to mind was a scene in "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" where Johnny Depp's character was in a restaurant talking about how the chef makes the best pork, or something like that, anywhere. It was so good he was going to go in the back and shoot the chef after the meal was over. No meal would be that good anywhere else, it upset the balance.... I feel sort of the same way and have actually been thinking it's time to sell the boat. It's not going to be this good for a longgg time and will end up chasing it forever. Then again, maybe I wont sell it :)

What will become of all you " Animal Trainers"?

This season has been outstanding, one for the books to be sure.

A few " first's" for me as well. First time I've been out more than twice in the past 6 yrs. First time slaying Sea Beasties with my wife and having her outfish me.

The last time I had a freezer full of Tuna, it was full of Albacore. Yes it's been a while.

I feel as though coming off this " high" will be like some kinda gnarly withdrawals so, I don't want it to end.

And then, what do most of you do during the colder months, rockfish? Are there Yellows at the Islands year round?

Anyways , just thinking out loud.

Happy Slaying !!

Vibora

Aug 18, 2011
Murrieta
Name
Adam
Boat
Yes
You know, I've been concidering a boat purchase for the past 20 yr( can you say indecisive). Is it possible , that when the end comes, there will be some smokin deals to be had with guys dumping boats?

titos334

VIP Elite Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hell
Name
Kevin
Boat
Rainbow Surprise
Calicos, spotties, halibut, trout etc, I just keep on keeping on there is always something biting somewhere. I loathe rockfish, so I definitely don't do that. I'll probably do some lobstering, but I don't really consider that fishing.

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
It never ends, I prefer hunting coastal sea monsters and rockfish anyway..

eddiefishtaco

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 16, 2009
FONTANA,CA USA
Name
EDDIE
Boat
sold
The season never ends
You just follow the fish wherever they go
Also fish freshwater striper, bass, trout
Learn to vertical jig for yellows
Fish at places like
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico, Puerto Vallarta
San Carlos or. Cabo

Vibora

Aug 18, 2011
Murrieta
Name
Adam
Boat
Yes
I spose I should make the effort to get to the Baja, considering the fact that my Pap has a place on the SoC.

He's always hammering big jellos, Cabria ,Gold spots, etc,etc.

tap

"The Roving Angler"
BD Writer
Jun 1, 2006
Valley Center, CA
www.rovingangler.com
Name
Tony Pena
Boat
n/a
Just follow the yellowfin tuna to Panama where they are found in all size ranges and can be taken on popping tackle. January to May is calm, sunny and there are many boats to choose from. There are about 30 other species to interfere with the tuna as well.

OIF VET

Well-Known "Member"
May 26, 2010
North OC
Name
Brian
Boat
nope
I am sure there are a lot of people that will be going back to work 40 plus hours a week. After all those credit card charges from trips aren't going to pay themselves off.