When does MLPA start?

Discussion in 'Marine Life Protection Act Initiative (MLPA)' started by loguespub, Jan 7, 2011.

1. loguespub

loguespub Member

Name:
    Tom
    Boat:
    1971 16ft Starcarft
    When exactly should I start looking over my shoulder for Fish and Game?

2. DaveR

DaveR Newbie

Name:
    David
    Boat:
    28' Skipjack
    I believe the So Cal MLPA still needs to be enacted by the F&G Commission, and is expected to be implemented later this year.... anyone know for sure?

3. talltales

talltales Member

Name:
    ron
    Boat:
    2359 Trophy
    I thought it was around June or July for some reason

4. Carwash

Carwash Newbie

Name:
    greg
    Boat:
    2008 Defiance 220 EX
    I think December 2011 but I could be wrong. Hopefully this assfuck will get tied up in court for some time. I do believe we need some type of better conservation but how does the coast of Laguna get shut down to fisherman?

5. DaGoose

DaGoose Go pound sand

Name:
    Rick Ferguson
    Boat:
    old
    The Packard Foundation and all the other folks they bought off...............

6. Surfdoc

Surfdoc The finger in the Dyke!

Name:
    Stan
    Boat:
    Mx Panga, MOJAC
    But IMO thats the fact they shoved in they're own ass.

Go after the fact they shut down an entire city...........may open the floodgates of litigation!

7. geomike

geomike Mouth Breather

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    broken
    [​IMG]
    Per a DFG news release after the FGC vote on Dec 15:
    "The south coast MPA regulations are anticipated to go into effect in mid 2011 after appropriate filings with the Office of Administrative Law and the Secretary of State."

I expect Laguna will immediately start to hassle anyone fishing in "their" ocean...... Last summer, I know of several people who were told that they were fishing in a no fishing area when they were clearly outside of the current reserve at Heisler Park.

We all need to do all that we can to stop this..... Go fish from the beach in Laguna!

Support the lawsuit(s) against the MLPA http://oceanaccessprotectionfund.org/

Stop the re appointment of Commissioner Rogers.

KeepAmericaFishing - California & Pacific Region

Do it NOW! or forget fishing in So Cal.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  8. loguespub

loguespub Member

Name:
    Tom
    Boat:
    1971 16ft Starcarft
    Thanks for the Links and info!

9. 1:11

1:11 WMDcustoms

Name:
    Boat:
    i don't think it is going to happen. As 2011 speeds on and more and more people are awakened to globalist agenda that leads ultimately to criminalization of everything, including fishing and breathing people are going to stand up. What the MLPA and several other government agencies are doing is tyrannical and illegal. I believe that when more and more of these folks realize that not only are their actions illegal and unconstitutional that they are also punishable they will make the right decision as to what side of the law they want to be on. Even if MLPA does progress, it is only a matter of time before it will be struck down and reversed. In incremental stages Americans in mass seem to be ok with relinquishing their rights. Time and circumstance changes minds. And 2011 is the time, and the economic situation and its persistence coupled with a mad as hell populace is the situation.

The time is NOW. Fishing is not a crime, Fight the MLPA. Fight Tyranny. Say NO. Just say NO. As soon as we say NO, they will stop pushing. If we dont say NO, they will keep pushing until we do.

The global awakening is ON. This has nothing to do with conservation, it has everything to do with consolidation of power and control. AWAKEN.

10. PacificPredator

PacificPredator Captain

Name:
    Brad
    Boat:
    29' Phoenix Sportfisher
    x100
    amen bro