Whats your favorite site for learning about Fishing - Yoursaltwaterguide?

PENN

swavings

May 30, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Name
Scott Swaving
Boat
Cobia
Hello All,

I have been monitoring the forums for many years and as for most of us, 2020 has been a crazy year. With that said, I made my first boat purchase in April 20. A 23 foot walk around that I absolutely love. I am located in Simi Valley, and have been going out of channel islands heading to anacapa, Santa Cruz and went to Santa Rosa once. Since April, I have been out the islands at least 2-3 times a month. So roughly 12 times thus far.

Where do I go to start learning???
First: I did the Bloody Decks site, as I am still on it. great site for fishing reports, chit chat and classifieds.
Second: I went to the Hull truth - great site for boating etc.
Third: I subscribed to Fish Dope within bloody decks - it was great to the spots, and love the daily reports that come from the site. Great maps and GPS cords.
Fourth: Ndb.Noaa - Fantastic site for reading weather
Fifth: Windy APP - Great for real time weather etc
SIXTH and MY FAVORITE right now: Your Salt Water Guide - Absolute game changer when it comes to learning how to fish.

I became a member annual member of YourSaltWaterguide for $55 and was the some of the best money spent thus far in my 5 to 6 months of owning a boat. Little did I know, I have been hooking squid wrong this whole time. Or understanding currents. ALL Things that I am still trying to learn, and while you are on the water, the only to learn is by mistakes.

I have learned more in 18 hours since the day that I started.

Now with all these sites for information, I review all of them and put together the best plan to go forward.

UP NEXT, finding the kelp and getting up current to go after those larger fish.

What is your favorite site for learning fishing techniques etc?

Upvote 0

swavings

May 30, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Name
Scott Swaving
Boat
Cobia
Pay BD? No sorry. I did invest with FishDope though. I became a member of another the site and really like. Wanted to promote a source of info. As mentioned in my OP, been on the site awhile but more as a reader.
If you look at the other posts and the recent activity you would be able to tell when I purchased the boat, my wins and fails of boat ownership. Less then a year into this whole thing.
Just trying to learn.

pretty sure I promoted all the sites.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    Trial and error until something right happens. A blind squirrel gets a nut once in awhile. After that first nut the next one gets a little easier.

Upvote 0