Runway1

Almost A Member
Nov 18, 2018
Orange County
Name
Runway1
Boat
None
Love my tackle bag with one issue...storage cases come out vertically. This means when I need to adjust my rig on the boat, I need to pull the bag out of whatever cavity I managed to find for it...open the top...pull out a case.....close the lid...put the case on top and get my stuff....reverse to stow. Quite a hassle.

I'm looking at bags that have cases that pull out horizontally to help. They can't be that big as space is precious. Even on charters and six packs im usually crammed into a tight space. So what do you use for your boat tackle box? Thanks all!

Upvote 0

ShadowX

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
I love my Calcutta soft tackle bag. There are four trays for tackle and a top section for other gear like pliers, sunglasses, and even reels. There is a back mesh pocket to store used gear that you can rinse later or anything else. There are also two large side pockets that I can put all my fluorocarbon leaders. Its the perfect size to fit larger diameter spools like the YGK.

There are other variations with 5 tackle boxes. Some comes with wheels and handle so you can roll it away. there is another version that is also designed as a backpack.

The quality is good and the zippers won't rust or seize. I put it away wet without rinsing and have no trouble opening it 6 months later.

Unfortunately, they are harder to find now.

SKU: CT1010WC
1626602443967.png

Last edited:
Reactions: anemic
Upvote 0

Shimano Penn

Dec 3, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
David
Boat
Fond Memory
Last few years I've been using the rolling version of the same Calcutta box mentioned above. Prior to that I had a Shimano Black Moon Backpack, pretty much the same thing but no wheels. Problem was every year it seemed to get heavier (couldn't have been me getting older, right?)

Upvote 0

AWilliams

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 18, 2009
Ramona, Ca.
Name
Alin Williams
Boat
none
Backpack with 1- 3700 size box. I cram all the jigs and a few bait hooks I can in it. If it doesn't fit in my backpack it stays home.

Reactions: fishin_kid
Upvote 0

wtrbrdm

1143 Miles From The Landing
Apr 5, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Name
Ben
Boat
Excel
Try the skb tac-pac. I have a used one for sale in the classified section.... :-)

Upvote 0

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
That SKB and the Calcutta nail the design I'm looking for. Pricey...ouch.

I wish that Calcutta never discontinued the product. I got my bag for around $106 a few years back in 2017. I think its well worth it given how much the SKB and other boxes cost. I have all sorts of bags and boxes including all the SKB lineup. My favorite is still the Calcutta and that is my go to bag. I just hope it will last another 10 more years. It gets pounded by the salt water spray and bone jarring boat rides on a 22 foot boat for years. It has fallen from the cooler down to the deck many times. It has taken a beating and still holding up well. I only wished that I bought another one since its a bargain due to its durability at that price.

Upvote 0

Runway1

Almost A Member
Nov 18, 2018
Orange County
Name
Runway1
Boat
None
Seems like the Okuma Nomad and these are very "Calcutta" like.

Amazon product

Reactions: anemic
Upvote 0

Latest posts