What's up with law enforcement?

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by mattjarrett, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyH54

TonyH54 Whiskey Tango

Name:
    Antonio Pendejo
    Boat:
    Ask Jerry
    Blame Bush.

2. Chance

Chance Kinder and Gentler

Name:
    Dick
    Boat:
    Knot Again

Is that Carl?

3. GoGo4

GoGo4 state raised

Name:
    Uncle Mike
    Boat:
    Hydra-Sports 2000WA
  4. bertram31

bertram31 Member

Name:
    Jack
    Boat:
    Polaris Supreme
    Oh yea thats the problem. Well you use to pay me to take you fishing, diving anything else you wanted to do on the water, now you pay me to fill your gas tank. Keep blaming Bush and I will keep drillin for North Dakota oil.

Ex-capt. Jack

5. murrayfish

murrayfish Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Sam
    Boat:
    Any
    That's great, but we don't even try to get the freakin' illegals out of the U.S. that are already here!!! What, all of a sudden we're worried they're gonna get in now... Crap, we're all idiots anyway...they're just laughing because we keep lettin' em in and by the way, we pay for them to go to college why we slave our asses off to pay their fu--ing way....Just my 2 cents.Everyone sticking up for law enforcement, I'm tired of hearing they're just doing their jobs...I not only respect law enforcement but also have many friends in it, but they all say they're chasing the wrong people...Remember dipshits they're still stopping you from fishing and not stopping illegal immigration, pedophiles in our schools and the Constitution of the United States is only followed when it suits them

6. murrayfish

Name:
    Sam
    Boat:
    Any
    And one more thing, if we're worried about drug smuggling, you can go to any street in the city and buy medical marijuanna from about 100 shops that are legal

7. TonyH54

TonyH54 Whiskey Tango

Name:
    Antonio Pendejo
    Boat:
    Ask Jerry
    Yep....I rest my case.

8. murrayfish

Name:
    Sam
    Boat:
    Any
    Saluki has 4000 more posts than you, does that make you not credible...
    :finger::finger::finger:

9. prater

prater Member

Name:
    michael
    Boat:
    luhrs 30 open, "Arms Wide Open"
    Although irritating, being stopped on the water is understandable, but being taken back to the docks without probable cause is not. NOTE: This does not mean the original poster should not have been taken to the docks, because we haven't heard the whole story.

BTW, when I have been stopped, LEO have been professional.

10. OCEAN theRAPIST

OCEAN theRAPIST Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    randy
    Boat:
    ocean therapist
    it sucks and i hate anything that keeps me from fishing when im on the water. but in the last 2 years there have been reports and pics of americans(18-32yo) caught on there boats with large amount of pot. in 2010 a 21ft center console was stopped coming into sd bay 2 guys and a girl all under 23. they had surfboards and fishing gear along with almost 100lbs of pot. one of them lived in point loma. from what i have seen and heard they dont bother trying to look like they are fishing they just pay people that are down there fishing to bring it back. also the prices on pot have dropped so much in the last 2 years it cant be worth it anymore to smuggle pot.

11. radman

radman Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Darrin
    Boat:
    Stringari

Exactly!I wish all these people who stick up for the agencies that harrass the normal people,who are only trying to fish,would give us some examples of the so called"Smuggler sneaking into the bay during busy weekends"or "Smugglers look like other fisherman" and such.I think I can remember 1 time they got a boat smuggling drugs into oceanside,and it was a legitimate looking fishing boat,but all the other times it is a mexican panga....just like the TSA.Every time I have seen a busted attempt at doing something to an airplane anymore,it is someone of middle eastern decent...Ok,fine,if the harbor police see a mexican panga in the bay,with a mexican captain and 10 people on board,then great,stop them,take them to the dock,send customs and Border patrol on them,but come on.3 different times this year I have been messed with by SD Harbor police.Once in the parking lot of point Loma seafoods,before dark,waiting for my buddy to buy something at H&M,and I was baiting my lobster traps,and the guy wants to check in my boat,and says I look suspicous?I got a ford truck with a 17 ft alluminum boat,Fishing rods in it,10 nets,a block away from the launch ramp,and I am "Suspicous?"Cool,come by and say"What`s up" and see if I get nervous,but for no reason to say it looks suspicous?Then the time that they stopped us when we had dropped nets on the red buoy edge of the channell,saying that my registration was expired,and how did I get a "12" sticker for my boat....cmon,at some point common sense needs to have a little to do with things.

12. TonyH54

TonyH54 Whiskey Tango

Name:
    Antonio Pendejo
    Boat:
    Ask Jerry
    Anybody trying to bring Mexican shwag weed into Cali, if you get caught, serves you right to suffer. Just sayin...........................

13. MYNomad

MYNomad Heading South

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Yes

Well, on BD Saluki is much better known that I, so I suspect he is much more credible.

14. ivane068

ivane068 Professional hide and seek player..

Name:
    Ivan
    Boat:
    Parker 2520 Fin Reaper

15. murrayfish

Name:
    Sam
    Boat:
    Any
    I don't know Saluki personally but from his posts he seems credible,but because he has 4000 posts does not make him more credible than you with 400 or me with 14. What makes you credible, and listen carefully, is that you have integrity, not from #'s of posts,but from self respect!!!!

16. kindafishy

kindafishy I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SCOTT
    Boat:
    bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
    why don't leo's just get out of the harbor, head south and patrol the border? if they check every boat coming in from mexican waters instead of boats in the harbor seems like it would save alot of work and actually be a deterant to smugglers and such. thay'd be more visable to the bad guys and leos would actually be targeting a smaller group of boaters, thus being more effective.
    for those of you saying "quit whinning" and similar check yourselves....as americans you have the responsability to question our government and its actions. but i guess its just perspective, 200+ years ago men like george washington, ben franklin, sam adams were all considered to be committing treason and were facing death if caught by the english. aren't you glad they questioned englands authority?
    i'm all for securing this country but not at the expense of the constitution.

17. RonnieRockCod

RonnieRockCod Newbie

Name:
    Ron Glaser
    Boat:
    21 CC Valco Guerrero Viejo
    I find myself partially with Lomar on this. Why would a smuggler launch in SD Bay and be outbound? Taking pot to Ocean Beach? Why do so many pangas make it to Pacific Beach, La Jolla, Carlsbad and even Camp Pendleton? Why must a five year old girl have to remove her flip flops at the airport? Why did an inspector remove and inspect an infant's diaper at the SD Airport? Inquiring minds want to know. RRC.

18. dontfishenuff

dontfishenuff Member

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    26 skipjack
    There are some who think they have the same right of privacy and protection from unreasonable search and seizure in a boat that is patrolled by a federal agency as they have in their home. Just as you have less rights in your car than than in your home. Think about your rights as a passenger versus the captain of the boat. Maritime law and the jurisdiction of the Feds on certain waters makes it whole different ball game.
    Who is nominated and possibly confirmed to the US supreme court is probably the most profound and longest lasting action of a president. The ones who complain about there rights being infringed usually bash liberal presidents. Liberal presidents tend to nominate supreme court justices who tend to be more protective of your rights.
    Can't have it both ways. Luckily we have a great system of checks and balances.
    Just as we support our troops, we should support our LEOs

19. TonyH54

TonyH54 Whiskey Tango

Name:
    Antonio Pendejo
    Boat:
    Ask Jerry
    The shit you talk is all fine and dandy, but when you are the one getting rousted over "homeland security" come back here and tell your story.

20. mikeyairtime

mikeyairtime Fish Magnet

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    "Julia J" & "Berzerker"
    Sheriffs with a boat is like a 16 year old with car keys. Hey do you guys wanna get paid to drive around in a boat all day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.