what's the lamest excuse your buddy has given you not to go fishing

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
This a great story.... one day I get a call at 5 o'clock in the morning Hey I'm not coming I have a huge zit on my nose??? so anyway it was a tournament and my son and I went out and we took all 8 places in the tournament while mister zit nose stayed home in bed

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
I need to mow the lawn...

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
"I have to take my wife to the dentist" … she has false teeth, lol.
" it's going to be to rough out " … but you know for sure it will be flat calm , and it is.
"I only want to go if it' wfo, I heard it won't be"... they tell you this about 10 hours before you're ready to leave.

embo

I've been recommended for a recommendation...
Aug 25, 2006
Name
n/a
Boat
17' Bluewater
I can't even get my head around this...there is no excuse. I guess I just don't get to go fishing enough.

Reactions: CartridgeCalls

Whalebreath

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 6, 2008
Vancouver BC
Name
Carl Z
Boat
I have to walk my daughter's dog

Seriously his daughter makes $1000,000/year and can hire a dog walker all day long.

Last year the same guy told me his father was dying then when he phoned after the trip he let slip the old man was still driving himself around town-not on his deathbed or anywhere near it.

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
Here to tell you that you can't even buy a great fishin' buddy. I've had two now that have gone on to the Great Pond in the Sky. I miss them more than I hope you will ever know...

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
It was 6:30 am during a trout tourney at Irvine Lake, so I open the door to my buddies motorhome to find him making soup and blabbing on the cellphone with who the hell knows/cares.

He hollers at me, "CLOSE THE DOOR, YOU'RE LETTING ALL THE HEAT OUT!!!"

I headed out in the rain and won 1st place with a 5 lb. rainbow.

His cousin was stuck with him for the rest of the day.

tunakillerjoe1

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 24, 2017
San Diego, Calif
Name
Joseph Gratteau
Boat
Valco Westcoaster
"Dude" (with a South African accent) "my I pad alarm did not go off"! Almost 2 hours late-This same guy showed up for a tournament, on board, at the bait barge, saying "dude, do you have any hooks? I forgot them!" This was on my friends boat-pathetic crew member...