super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
for those laborers that you see hanging out at home depot.... anybody know? Neighbor friend is trying to find out, thought I would help get the answer before he drives over there, as he is not sure whether he is going that route or not.

Thanks.

The unknown fisherman:p:

rdrrm8e

Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
Never pay by the hour.

Figure out what the job is worth and tell them they get that much whether it takes 2 hrs...or 5.

stucktip

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 3, 2011
OG Spring Valley, currently- North Park, San Diego
Name
Gabe
Boat
Whatever
Yep they think they are in a Union.
Yeah they do :/

The ones I got from the the home depot in clairmont mesa wouldnt work of less than $100 bucks for 8hrs. And they wanted a break at exactly 2 and 6hrs and a 1hr lunch. I drew the line when they asked me what was for lunch. All we were doing was loading insulation from a warehouse to a tractor trailer. Still cheaper than hiring someone from a temp agency though.

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
Carl will work for $9.00/hr

Blackfish

Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Sep 20, 2005
In a Pineapple, under the sea.
Name
Lee Obvious
Boat
50' Hatteras
All the bitching and moaning about illegal immigration on this board in the past...when you hire these guys, you are helping create the problem.
Although some may not be illegals, you know that the large majority of them are. Don't hire illegals, you are part of the problem.

drumford

gotta go babe!
Sep 20, 2010
C.M. CA
Name
Dondo
Boat
Cory's Rig
Agreed!!! Here in the OC they say $10/hr. and YOU buy lunch!!! Then my brother and I were told that it's not enough?!?! AFTER we unloaded the moving truck the three were still standing in the driveway givin' stinkeye. Told them to "take the money and run"! otherwise it's the sherrif's dept.! Well, they ran. Three guys for 5hrs. wanted $100 EACH! UH-UH. Will NEVER hire a day laborer again unless he's of the lighter persuasion and speaks fluent English. Guess I just set myself up for ANOTHER infraction......

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
10 $ per hour for their labor
6 dollars per hour for them and their family to get health care at the emergency room
3$ per hour for the hud housing subsidy
3$ per hour for the free education in two languages
6$ per hour to incarcerate those that commit crimes when they can't find work
1$ an hour for me to type this
suddenly that cheap labor bites you in the ass when it comes to to fund all these wonderful government workers to oversee the distributution of the unpaid for government money to fund said programs for the illegals and their families.

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
10 $ per hour for their labor
6 dollars per hour for them and their family to get health care at the emergency room
3$ per hour for the hud housing subsidy
3$ per hour for the free education in two languages
6$ per hour to incarcerate those that commit crimes when they can't find work
1$ an hour for me to type this
suddenly that cheap labor bites you in the ass when it comes to to fund all these wonderful government workers to oversee the distributution of the unpaid for government money to fund said programs for the illegals and their families.
Stiffing your buddies who help you with work......Priceless.....:D

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
Stiffing your buddies who help you with work......Priceless.....:D

yeah carl.....I have money ....be going by monday...geeze you think you were homeless or somethin

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
I couldn't resist....You set me perfectly for the :nutkick:....LOL

stucktip

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 3, 2011
OG Spring Valley, currently- North Park, San Diego
Name
Gabe
Boat
Whatever
Not all of them are illegal. When I was laid off and desperate for cash I would go hang out at the one in Lemon Grove. Had my own lunch and spoke spanglish so I got picked up every time. I bargained a price that was appropriate for the job. Most of what people are looking for is straight up manual labor so around $100-$150 for a whole day was normal.

But from talking to some of them, MOST of them are illegal.

Pulpo

Mar 21, 2012
So. Cal.
Name
Michael
Boat
Sale Pending
$100 a day + lunch is what my contractor buddy pays them. Don't ever give them a beer!

2MAYEtoes

Mackerel Maker
Apr 24, 2011
San Diego
Name
Cristin Kelly
Boat
Privateer
They make more than galley wenches. I'm in the wrong business :D lmfao!