What's my boat worth?

Jul 19, 2014
San Diego
Name
justin cardenas
Boat
"Foul Hooker"
ok guys I have. 1982 wellcraft 18' center console had the transom beefed up and mounted a nice new merc verado 150 on it. It's only got 100 hours on it. What you think it's worth?
image.jpeg

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
ok guys I have. 1982 wellcraft 18' center console had the transom beefed up and mounted a nice new merc verado 150 on it. It's only got 100 hours on it. What you think it's worth?View attachment 641452

That foredeck looks to be pretty worn. Did you buy the motor new and repower it? If you're selling, you might consider parting out because the hull value is minimal.

Upvote 0
Jul 19, 2014
San Diego
Name
justin cardenas
Boat
"Foul Hooker"
That foredeck looks to be pretty worn. Did you buy the motor new and repower it? If you're selling, you might consider parting out because the hull value is minimal.
Yeah I repowered got a deal on the motor. I'm deciding whether to sell or to take this to the house in Mexico. I want a little Klamath or something for Baja.

Upvote 0

Tuna Vic

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 17, 2010
Whittier California
Name
Victor
Boat
18ftC/CWellcraft Calico Time II
This should be interesting,I have the same skiff,mine is powered with a 90hp V4 evenrude,2stroke,galvanized tandem trailer, I've been considering selling also,it will be I kinda nice to hear what fellow BDrs think.

Upvote 0

OCEAN theRAPIST

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 9, 2012
san diego/kali/us
Name
randy
Boat
ocean therapist
its a 18' from what i see in your profile info? electronic? under side pics? deck pics?bait tank? trailer? is it a full transom or cut away?

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
Hull doesn't look bad at all. It has worth if it's solid. I'd say the $ of the motor and a few grand.

Upvote 0

agarcia

Almost A Member
May 19, 2006
Nor*Cal
Name
Art Garcia
Boat
rowboat
Full transom just looking for rough estimation. I wouldn't be surprised if it's worth just the motor

Hard to determine a rough estimation with such little info. At face value I'm gonna assume a 30+ year old boat is gonna need a new gas tank and potential fiberglass work, wiring and electronics plus those hatch covers and the seal job around the console make me think there's more previous owner diy work I'll need to fix. Trailer?

With all that someone might be into it a good 3-7k if they do the work themselves making the hull itself valueless. Or you may have done all that already and it's sitting a new trailer giving the package greater value.

Depending on the time of year you sell, I'd assume value of the engine, minus some depriciation.

Upvote 0

talltale

Feb 20, 2008
yucaipa
Name
chris
Boat
23.5 trophy "Tonetta T"
If it was me and I was taking it to Mexico, I would swap out the motor with an older less expensive 2-stroke.

Reactions: bus kid
Upvote 0