What would you do?

Discussion in 'California Sport Fishing Reports Forums' started by JollyMon, Jul 9, 2007.

1. JollyMon

JollyMon Newbie

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    25' Wellcraft - JollyMon
    Launched out of Dan Marina Saturday 07-07-07 and headed over to the bait barge to get some bait, to find a large line of boats waiting......no surprise, we all want to fish, so we take our space in line and wait. We notice a boat coming out of the slip area, around 30-something foot sportfisher called the "Gloria Ann" I believe. This asshole pulls up and pulls his "much larger" boat in front of mine and starts dinking around with his crap on the deck, like he didn't even notice he just cut us off, and cut infront of around 8-10 other boats! I made contact with him and let him know that there was a line of people that he just cut in front of, and he has the balls to tell us that "he fishes every day for a living and that we should just let him go ahead", well this crap just doesn't fly, so the conversation gets a llittle more heated. This ASSHOLE says "he has a charter waiting for him and that he spends $5000.00 a year at the bait receiver, and blah, blah, blah!" then the arogant shit-for-brains realizes he has not even filled his freaking bait tanks, yes I said "tankS" This jerk-off sits there and makes everybody wait because he is such a "professional skipper" and was really on top of his game. I doubt this chowder-head makes a living on that Piece of shit, but assholes like him make the time on the water a little more difficult. It would have made more sense if the bait receiver dudes would have made this dumb-ass get back to the end of the line, but they just stood there with there collective thumbs up there ass and waited. It took alot of patience, to not get off my boat and throttle this joker, but that would have started my day off with some bad karma. I only hope that the "Gloria Ann" got a little karma of their own:nutkick:
    For future reference, wouldn't piss on that boat if it was on fire.
    What would you have done?:2gunsfiring_v1:

Tim
    "JollyMon":Smoke_Emoticon:

2. Bottom Line

Bottom Line Village idiot

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    Invader CC - Bottom Line
    When the situation gets crowded, the asshats always come out. I've been in several shouting matches over the years at the bait dock - last time was a few years ago with a so-called "charter boat" out of San Diego bay - same thing, cut everybody off and figured he had some special rights.
    I try to not let this shit bother me any more but....

3. MacAttack

MacAttack Newbie

Name:
    Boat:
    I think you may have just stuck your dick in the rat-trap. I also believe the guys and gals here will bite you out a brand new asshole for comments like this. On the bait issue - I'd have listened to the receiver operator and minded my own fucking business.

Just my 2 cents. Mac

4. JollyMon

JollyMon Newbie

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    25' Wellcraft - JollyMon
    Wouldn't be the first time my dick was in the rat-trap.
    Regarding the bait issue: The receiver operator didnt do a friggin thing, let the guy cut in line! Maybe he didn't see what happened, didn't ask. The jerk-off had already pulled out to pick-up his "clients". Had nothing but nice things to say to the operator, it wasn't his problem. Bait guys do a bang-up job.

Tim

5. MacAttack

MacAttack Newbie

Name:
    Boat:
    Next time just use your airhorn to let the receiver boss see what's happening - he'll let you know immediately if this guy's "special" or not. When I'm waiting in line for my half-scoop and some fifty-footer comes up for his fifteen scoops of cured dines, on account, I now know enough to keep my trap shut.

Turns on prop and time on water teach you fishing's economic realities. :imdumb:

6. tylerderdan

tylerderdan Stay classy San diego

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    215cc triumph "Unforgiven"
    Well said!

Sporties get proirity, always have and always will. They do the volume and actually make it feasable to run a bait operation there for all of us to use. If you don't like it don't buy bait, or go make your own.

7. tim1120sm

tim1120sm Newbie

Name:
    tim
    Boat:
    26 center console
    so some of you have actually been so well conditioned by the might is right approach you now enjoy taking it in the jaw.

8. JollyMon

JollyMon Newbie

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    25' Wellcraft - JollyMon
    Sporties.....who ever said it was a sportie? A sportie would have pulled up on the opposite side of the receiver, no words would have been exchanged, that is his "job", no two ways about it! I have been fishing these SoCal waters for over 30 years, and what I am opposed to is the "wanna-be poser" that claimed to be a "private charter"! He had no clients on his boat, and he thought he had a "right" to cut in front of everyone else in line, like his shit don't stink:hali_blablalba:

Tim
    "JollyMon":Smoke_Emoticon:

9. KOMBATFISHER

KOMBATFISHER Newbie

Name:
    Sgt Slaughter
    Boat:
    Homade raft, made from scratch

I agree 100%, These guys are the types that got picked on in high school and never did anything about it. On the water its KOMBAT fishing get out of my way or your swimming back to shore !!!

10. tylerderdan

tylerderdan Stay classy San diego

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    215cc triumph "Unforgiven"
    Sporty, Charter boat it doesn't really matter in this case. Either one will take priority. Yes sometimes they get bait before picking up their passengers, it happens. The skipper should have been ready to receive bait though. You may not like, but I can understand your frustration. Yes I have been the last dude in line on more than one ocassion, and was told I had to wait while a sporty or a charter came in. While that sucks, so would fishing without live bait. And without a sport fleet and charter fleet to support it, the bait barge simply would not exist.

11. MacAttack

MacAttack Newbie

Name:
    Boat:
    Bingo. He gets it. Just go earlier - and learn how the system works.

12. Slugworth

Slugworth Newbie

Name:
    Slugworth
    Boat:
    2005 Pro-Line 21 Walk "Overtime"
    Get to know the bait barge dudes. Find out their names and tip them well for good bait and good service. Bring extra donuts. It ain't hard to score a few extra points with these cats and they'll remember you next time.

13. Jaydog

Jaydog Member

Name:
    Jay
    Boat:
    Mako 19'
    There is a side for commercial and a side for PBers, if he had a legit account with the bait recievers then he should have been on the commercial side. If he wasn't legit then tell him to get fucked. They have three guy's there in the morning and cutting in line shouldn't happen and I agree that's bullshit. If Bill, Bill, and Gabe wanted that Capt. to have commercial advantages then he would have been on the commercial side not dicking around with you guy's.

14. dacrow

dacrow Newbie

Name:
    scarecrow
    Boat:
    none
    you're probably being an idiot even opening your mouth. But when you're a charter vessel but 5'000 sounds low for purchasing bait for a season when it is close to 20 bucks a scoop either way it is something you're gonna have to deal when i used to fish out of diego on the old boat i ran for eight years we would do the same thing but we had three guys loading bait for an hour approxamately 200-225 scoops sometimes and that was for 4-6 guys suck it up and don't let it ruin your day.....

15. fishnbuddy

fishnbuddy Member

Name:
    Junior
    Don't let it get to you man. I'm sure you'll run into LOTS of situations where you think someone else's actions are f**ked up. It comes with fishing!! 10-15 min isn't worth burning bridges or wasting you anger! If one boat cut me off...no worries, it happens some times, just happens to be his lucky day. Five or six boats cut me off...ok...now I'm pissed and someone is gonna make some room!
    ...fishnbuddy

16. johnnylite

johnnylite Never too late to change.

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Triumph 210cc
    If he is commercial then yeah the guys should have taken him off by himself and kept the line going. If he just cut in fuck him and the boat he rode in on..
    I would have done the same thing you did. I would however have forgotten it by the time I hit the end of the channel.

By the way I have read probably thirty or forty of your threads and always find them informative, full of pictures and best of all some good advice. Thank you for that. It is also the first time anything remotely negative has come up. Good for you and again I would have cussed the guy out too. Hope to see you out there someday.