fishnfool

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 30, 2003
Murrieta, Ca
Name
Kevan
Boat
IMAHO
I could have sworn there was a Bob's bait and tackle on Convoy for awhile. Whatever it was, it's now gone.

There was one on Convoy. It is now a bicycle shop, and is to the left of the Big 5 behind the paint place, (Frazee...I think).

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
Jan 12, 2010
Kurt's neighborhood
Name
Tony
Boat
Tarpon 140
There was one on Convoy. It is now a bicycle shop, and is to the left of the Big 5 behind the paint place, (Frazee...I think).
If I remember correctly, they moved to the corner of convoy and balboa for a couple years and them went out of business. ?????

Upvote 0

IMAKECARSFAST

provider of protien
Aug 24, 2004
ramona
Name
Brian
Boat
22foot, glacierbay center console, REEL BROKE
when i was a kid... way back in the early 90's.. i used to ride my bike to "fishing adventured" in carmel mountain ranch and "poway bait and tackle" to get shiners...

sling the big ass plastic bad of fish over my handle bars and hope i didnt crash on the way to the local ponds!!!!

the good ol day's

Upvote 0

Johnny J

Formally INOXicated
May 10, 2008
Idyllwild, CA USA
www.bluepacifictackle.com
Name
John
Boat
not mine
This post has gone south so I'll keep going.

Bought my first Rod & Reel at Western Auto in Fallbrook on main street. Still have them ( Peen 500s red aluminum spool & some green spinning Rod) fish all the ponds ( Car Lake, Bonsall Lake ) Damn I am OLD. well older.

Attachments

• 100_3598.jpg
    100_3598.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
Jan 12, 2010
Kurt's neighborhood
Name
Tony
Boat
Tarpon 140
when i was a kid... way back in the early 90's.. i used to ride my bike to "fishing adventured" in carmel mountain ranch and "poway bait and tackle" to get shiners...

sling the big ass plastic bad of fish over my handle bars and hope i didnt crash on the way to the local ponds!!!!

the good ol day's

Yeah, WAAYYY back in the 90's.LOL. Not that I'm all that old , but I guess WAY back for me was a bit before the 90's. I do know what you're gettin at. Times do change.

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
Jan 12, 2010
Kurt's neighborhood
Name
Tony
Boat
Tarpon 140
This post has gone south so I'll keep going.

Bought my first Rod & Reel at Western Auto in Fallbrook on main street. Still have them ( Peen 500s red aluminum spool & some green spinning Rod) fish all the ponds ( Car Lake, Bonsall Lake ) Damn I am OLD. well older.

Living out in Anza? Where do you fish now? Lake Hemet ? Just curious.:)

Upvote 0

Professor

I Should Upgrade My Account
Dec 17, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Yale
Boat
32' Blackman Sportfisher "Riley"
Santee would be cool too. They could also open a "cracker barrel" in the parking lot :) Ate at one in Austin TX. Good food, lots of it, cheap (for Kurt) with a nice all American feel to it. Wonder why they never expanded out west either. Fat happy spenders!!

There’s a Cracker Barrel in Yuma. It used to be pretty good but in the last few years its gone severely downhill.

Upvote 0

Kurt

Mistadobalina
Jul 9, 2003
Clairemont
Visit site
Name
Kurt
Boat
%%%%%

I miss that Noah place. :boobies: That was my hide out after work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
There’s a Cracker Barrel in Yuma. It used to be pretty good but in the last few years its gone severely downhill.

My little sister (the one that's a dirty little whore) is a waitress at the Cracker Barrel in Decatur Illinois.

Good food, but make sure she washed her hands prior to touching your plate or tossing your salad. ;)

Upvote 0

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
Coast to Coast Hardware store had what was needed most of the time.

It was over miles to the nearest big city.

There were 2 bars in town that were closed on Sundays and 1 supermarket that didn't sell any alcohol, you had to remember to buy your booze at the bar before Saturday night or you was SOL.

Upvote 0

Surfdoc

The finger in the Dyke!
Mar 7, 2003
Bahia Asucion BCS
www.momentoffame.com
Name
Stan
Boat
Mx Panga, MOJAC
My little sister (the one that's a dirty little whore) is a waitress at the Cracker Barrel in Decatur Illinois.

Good food, but make sure she washed her hands prior to touching your plate or tossing your salad. ;)

Brandon.........now your just plain Nasty.... please PM her ph #!!!

What does tossing your salad mean?

In: Oral Sex [Edit categories]

[Improve]
abar_a.gif

[answer removed for violating TOS]

The term "tossed sald" or "tossing your salad" is slang and is in reference to inserting one's tongue into the anus of their partner. It is basically taking a rim job or rimming a little farther.

Upvote 0

basstrich

Jul 24, 2005
lakeside
Name
jim cowan
Boat
18" invader center console
bp is coming to san diego. my understanding is that they have a location to build in the golden triangle. this info is a year old and it is not unusal for a big box with the location to take 2 or 3 years to open. we will see

Upvote 0

Marcus

"Oddjob"
May 21, 2004
Carlsbad
Name
Marcus
Boat
Tuna Jihad toilet cleaner/Intrepid
Bass pro is ok but their waterfowl gear and dept. is pretty dismal.

I can understand the local sporting goods stores not carrying much of it as it's a pretty small market down here in SoCal. If we had a cabelas I would be stoked but the sales tax thing on internet orders would cripple them.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat

I can understand the local sporting goods stores not carrying much of it as it's a pretty small market down here in SoCal. If we had a cabelas I would be stoked but the sales tax thing on internet orders would cripple them.

I agree....for some reason they won't carry GHG and a couple other manufacturers. I'd much rather have a Cabela's than Bass Pro.

Upvote 0

YANK N CRANK #2

Proud Wyoming Resident
Feb 28, 2006
God's Country, Wyoming
Name
Jason
Boat
27, Seaway, Yank n Crank

Bass Pro sucks... They are starting to stop carrying a number of the high quality loads I need at the Rancho store.... I don't want fucking Core-Lokts and Powerpoints and nothing else... I want varmint grenades and nosler partitions and accubonds... Also they are closing out the Weatherby Factory Ammo... All of this adds up to me being very disappointed... Bastards.. I try to support local shops but if they wont order the shit I want... I need to try elsewhere..

Upvote 0

truehunter

Sep 18, 2009
l.a.
Name
J.R.
Boat
N/a
I had a couple buddys work there and they complained all the time about not having products, it really does suck but we need to support companies like turners to keep them around no matter how shitty they are, they still offer products that we need and use, also they can order guns for you of all types. If they are not around we are stuck with online orders and driving long distances. The last year I have actually seen an increase in inventory but a decline in customer service which in my opinion its worse! There is a manager at the norwalk store that has no business in customer service, and a few employees that have no knowledge in fishing or hunting.

Upvote 0

Luv2Fish

Apr 30, 2004
Chino Hills,CA
Name
Mike Shirer
Boat
Intrepid
There are certain things I like about Bass Pro and other things I like about Turner's. I am lucky to have both close by. When it comes to fishing tackle, I buy very little from BPS as they don't really cater to LR fishermen. The hunting stuff for the most part is adequate which is above where Turner's is. I like Bass Pro's dog training dept...lots of stuff there that normally you have to get online. My Turner's has great customer service if you ask me and their product selection is improving. In many cases too, Turner's is cheaper. Hopefully for you guys with poor service at your local Turner's, they might be following this thread and they'll make adjustments.
Keep supporting your local tackle and gun dealers...you'll will miss them when they're gone.

Upvote 0

Carwash

Apr 2, 2009
monrovia
Name
greg
Boat
2008 Defiance 220 EX
Yeah, I will say that all Turners are different. Some are stocked great and some aren't. You would think they'd all be the same.

Upvote 0

tinfish

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 2, 2004
Clairemont
Visit site
Name
Mike
Boat
16'7" Crestliner SC/Trident 15
If I remember correctly, they moved to the corner of convoy and balboa for a couple years and them went out of business. ?????

Went from Bob's to JP's to ???? I liked it when they were all there. I could go from Bob's/JP's, Noah's, down the road, to Turners and between them they usually had what I needed.

Ive been to Turners KM a few times in the last month and the service was good. The older guy is always nice and very interested in what your fishing and is up on the current bay bites and what they are hitting.

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Bass Pro sucks... They are starting to stop carrying a number of the high quality loads I need at the Rancho store.... I don't want fucking Core-Lokts and Powerpoints and nothing else... I want varmint grenades and nosler partitions and accubonds... Also they are closing out the Weatherby Factory Ammo... All of this adds up to me being very disappointed... Bastards.. I try to support local shops but if they wont order the shit I want... I need to try elsewhere..[/QUOTE

I was there the other day,they got rid of the fine gun room and turned it into a meeting room for hunter safety classes.While they have ALOT of stuff in the saltwater section alot of it isnt west coast stuff and some of the people that work in the fishing section would have a hard time working at 7-11.Turners in chino hills is like their flagship store and is pretty good but the san bernardino store is pretty fubar lately,to be honest i think everyone of these stores is just keeping their head down and trying to weather the shitty economy.Awhile back they built a brand new sportsmans wearhouse in the old costco building in victorville,competely remodeled the whole building,i was stoked!It was especially good for hunting stuff but they did not last even six months before they put their tail between their legs and hauled ass,literally closing up over night,i heard they even stiffed the aviation fuel guy at the airport when the executive staff took off in their corporate jet,tough times for sure,lets hope it gets better.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    The shop at Balboa and Convoy after Bobs folded was Boss B&T.....Overpriced shoulda been in their title...

Upvote 0