kayakbeast33

Haven't posted enough yet
  • Mar 9, 2012
    buena park CA
    Name
    steven
    Boat
    Almost time
    Hey BD what rod do you guys have paired with your bv-800? Using as #80 flatfall setup.

Upvote 0

rdrblck66

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 25, 2012
    Riverside ca
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    Shogun
    Anyone have experience fishing a gp terminator at #80 I am leaning towards a gp.
    Bought a factory rgp terminator, was on the Shogun first trip out after shutdown hooked and landed 4 60-100lb. Bluefin on this rod using a Torque 40nld2 with 80lb. Braid and 80lb. Blackwater topshot.(sinker rig) This rod DESTROYED this fish. Last Bluefin I cranked the drag down railed fish right to the boat. Next day ordered a custom one Sold this rod to a guy on BD and he went out on the Tribute and DESTROYED two bluefin well over 100lbs. Do not under estimate this rods Power! It a Big Bluefin killer! So light and Powerful.

Upvote 0

kayakbeast33

• Mar 9, 2012
    buena park CA
    Name
    steven
    Boat
    Almost time
    Picked up a gp terminator incredibly light feels like I should put my lexa 400 on it... couldn't help but test out on a #25 dumbbell. Im sold... ready for some more gp rods.
    Resized_20210111_214036.jpeg

Upvote 0

kayakbeast33

• Mar 9, 2012
    buena park CA
    Name
    steven
    Boat
    Almost time
    Steven, welcome to the addiction! Your next set up should be a 76 Viper and that will pretty much cover local fishing.

Ended up adding a 76 predator to the growing list of GP rods. I think next is a Viper to cover the top end of the lineup. maybe we will be graced with 80-130 gp rod soon?

kayakbeast33

• Mar 9, 2012
    buena park CA
    Name
    steven
    Boat
    Almost time
    Steven, welcome to the addiction! Your next set up should be a 76 Viper and that will pretty much cover local fishing.
    Couldn't help myself lol picked up my 76 viper today. Thanks for the suggestion keep them coming... there not really a need just a want 🤔

Reactions: FlatPack

Mr. DRE

• Sep 23, 2019
    West Hills, CA
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Private
    LOL. You are going to love that Viper! I've only caught a few med sized tuna on it but love the lift on it. Had an approx 90 pounder on the boat in less than 10 minutes. Hopefully this summer I'll add at least a triple digit if not a cow to the list. Your next rod is going to be a UC Deviant watch.

Mr. DRE

• Sep 23, 2019
    West Hills, CA
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Private

Like this one.

kayakbeast33

• Mar 9, 2012
    buena park CA
    Name
    steven
    Boat
    Almost time

Like this one.
    I think the viper is the heaviest I want to go for now... I was thinking a second jig stick like a ce 90monster or maybe a gp 90xf .

Upvote 0

FlatPack

Online Angler
    Sep 22, 2016
    City of Angels
    Name
    Rexor
    Boat
    "CATTLE BOAT"
    Couldn't help myself lol picked up my 76 viper today. Thanks for the suggestion keep them coming... there not really a need just a want 🤔
    Cool but still wanting a GP Series with Viper specs as I like its ultralightweight.😉

For a UC Deviant?
    Why not...but I need to purchase a new BV2-1000 for it.🤔

Upvote 0