F.I.S.H.Y

Fishermen.
  • Sep 27, 2019
    San Diego CA
    Name
    Erick
    Boat
    None
    the fathom is the only star drag under $300 that has more than just a single dog and ARB. The first gen had 2 dogs and the ARB, the 2nd gen (current model) has 3 dogs and an ARB. Also have the live spindle and a cast control. Lots of value.

Reactions: PennDaiwaShimano
    D
    donovan2013
    I went with the 25nsd
    I've always been a Shimano guy but I'm impressed with the Fathom lineup and heard nothing but good reviews now it's time to sling a jig and hook up for the true test 😎
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0
    Jun 10, 2004
    Jamul
    Name
    used to fish
    Boat
    17 Aquasport
    I liked everything I read about the Fathom 25 and just put one on my 10 Ulua that had a 2 speed Avet on it. I hated the fathom for casting and put the Avet back on it. I turned my fathom into my 40 baitstick reel instead. The Avet had the MC and when going back and forth from surface iron to stick bait and snipers I just got to used to the mag control that the fathom doesn't offer.

Reactions: donovan2013
    D
    donovan2013
    I'm on the fence when it comes to Avet
    now I'm looking for a reel for a bait stick it's between the Fathom 30nld for some kind of Avet
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

F.I.S.H.Y

Fishermen.
  • Sep 27, 2019
    San Diego CA
    Name
    Erick
    Boat
    None
    I liked everything I read about the Fathom 25 and just put one on my 10 Ulua that had a 2 speed Avet on it. I hated the fathom for casting and put the Avet back on it. I turned my fathom into my 40 baitstick reel instead. The Avet had the MC and when going back and forth from surface iron to stick bait and snipers I just got to used to the mag control that the fathom doesn't offer.
    the fathoms mag control is your thumb.

Reactions: PennDaiwaShimano
    Upvote 0