What options should I get for 2017 Parker 2320?

BigJ186

Jul 10, 2016
Southern California
Name
Jeremy
Boat
Parker 2320
About to order 2320 from kevin Kelley at west coast marine and trying to figure out what options I should get. So far winldess, 300hp yam, live well and was thinking auto pilot any other suggestions?

Cy Bodden

Been there done that
Oct 15, 2013
Escondido, CA
Name
Cy
Boat
Parker 2120
if you are ordering, get the under water lights in now cheap option, the suspension seat is cheaper with the ladder chair from the factory, windlass w/ bow pulpit, west coast bow rail,

DC61

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 28, 2011
Dana Point
Name
Paul L.
Boat
33’ Blackfin
I have a 2530. I love my tower with full controls. Auto pilot is a must and buy a good quality windless. In addition to the mfd (multifunction display - gps fish finder) in the dash, I have another one mounted above the door entering the cabin. This gives me the ability to see the unit when I am sitting on the anchor.

I also have separate batteries to start each motor and a completely different battery bank (6 volt batteries) to run the house. It's all charged by a three bank battery charger/ inverter ( Heart Interphase). The house batteries run the microwave and fridge.

I also love my aluminum trailer. It's a thousand pounds lighter that a steel trailer.
Congrats on the new purchase!

Reactions: BigJ186

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
Opt for the 10 model over the 20.

The pilot house needs to be completely redesigned imo.

If you plan on fishing offshore even more critical.

Get the 10 model and have Pacific Yacht Towers put a belly hoop on the hard top.
I agree you want the higher bow rail and good windlass too.

I have two friends with 10 models and between the two they have the different options for me to compare....

I'm a big fan of the 10 model set up right. The 20 models i'd stay away from. i've fished that model too.

Reactions: marlyn

Papa "J"

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2003
OffShore
Name
Jason
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
If you can afford and have some knowledge it's better to get extra afterward. You will save $$$ on product and labor.

But if you need to put it in your payment your limited. Just do get bit by the "I bought a boat now I need everything for it" bug. Shop around you would be surprised how much you can save.

Northeastfshman

Dec 20, 2008
San Clemente
Name
Brett Weinberg
Boat
Parker 2120SCDV
Obviously Bait Tank should be #1 on your list. Belly ring as noted above, one of the downsides of a pilot house is you are sitting low and have your vision obstructed while looking for birds. If you get an AP you can get the remote and drive the boat from up top if you get a ring.

Windless is a waste of money. Just another electrical component to break. Get an anchor all for $50.

ROD HOLDERS. I have 24 on my Parker and wish I had more.

Reactions: marlyn

Azarkon

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 28, 2015
California
Name
Joe
Boat
N/A
He's buying new, he can obviously afford to sacrifice some money to save some time and effort. Might as well just tell him what's ideal on that boat.

I'll add one: quality thru hull transducer with chirp support, don't cheap out here as it's more important than many people think when choosing electronics

DC61

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 28, 2011
Dana Point
Name
Paul L.
Boat
33’ Blackfin
I wouldn't even consider owning a boat without a windlass. Simply put it makes you a better fisherman for the simple fact that pulling the anchor is a no brainer. This makes resetting when you "miss" the spot a non issue.
Also, a belly hoop is a nice start but full controls including trim tabs and auto pilot are awesome.

snaphappy

Feb 3, 2013
NE FL
Name
dudley
Boat
triton
Wow a windlass must be west coast thing on small boats. Or is it a Parker pilot house thing? I can only think of one boat under 42' I've fished on that has had a windlass. Everyone else, myself included just uses an anchor ball.
Good luck with the new boat!

Reactions: marlyn and catalin

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
About to order 2320 from kevin Kelley at west coast marine and trying to figure out what options I should get.
...my suggestion is a 2016 or 2015 boat. I have bought a brand new boat before and many used. I still regret buying that new boat.

In my experience, value is in the used market. There are a ton of Parkers a few years old in excellent shape with all the doo-dads installed already.

You can get loans for used boats if that is the issue. Some times those loans have better terms pending lender.

It is nice have a virgin boat. But man it hurts when you kick her to the curb.

Reactions: Hooops

BigJ186

Jul 10, 2016
Southern California
Name
Jeremy
Boat
Parker 2320
Wow a windlass must be west coast thing on small boats. Or is it a Parker pilot house thing? I can only think of one boat under 42' I've fished on that has had a windlass. Everyone else, myself included just uses an anchor ball.
Good luck with the new boat!
Thanks yea! I love having a windless especially when your anchoring in 100' of water and it is stuck in kelp

BigJ186

Jul 10, 2016
Southern California
Name
Jeremy
Boat
Parker 2320
...my suggestion is a 2016 or 2015 boat. I have bought a brand new boat before and many used. I still regret buying that new boat.

In my experience, value is in the used market. There are a ton of Parkers a few years old in excellent shape with all the doo-dads installed already.

You can get loans for used boats if that is the issue. Some times those loans have better terms pending lender.

It is nice have a virgin boat. But man it hurts when you kick her to the curb.
Well I hope I won't have to ever kick this virgin to the curb lol

Reactions: bparker1225

BigJ186

Jul 10, 2016
Southern California
Name
Jeremy
Boat
Parker 2320
I wouldn't even consider owning a boat without a windlass. Simply put it makes you a better fisherman for the simple fact that pulling the anchor is a no brainer. This makes resetting when you "miss" the spot a non issue.
Also, a belly hoop is a nice start but full controls including trim tabs and auto pilot are awesome.
Yea buddy! Totally agree with the windless I hate pulling up anchor with out it just to move 3 more times to get the spot right

BigJ186

Jul 10, 2016
Southern California
Name
Jeremy
Boat
Parker 2320
Obviously Bait Tank should be #1 on your list. Belly ring as noted above, one of the downsides of a pilot house is you are sitting low and have your vision obstructed while looking for birds. If you get an AP you can get the remote and drive the boat from up top if you get a ring.

Windless is a waste of money. Just another electrical component to break. Get an anchor all for $50.

ROD HOLDERS. I have 24 on my Parker and wish I had more.
Yup got a 65 gallon bait tank thanks for the tips

BigJ186

Jul 10, 2016
Southern California
Name
Jeremy
Boat
Parker 2320
He's buying new, he can obviously afford to sacrifice some money to save some time and effort. Might as well just tell him what's ideal on that boat.

I'll add one: quality thru hull transducer with chirp support, don't cheap out here as it's more important than many people think when choosing electronics
So right now the boat is on order from factory but the electronics are going to be done at the west coast marine. right now I have it as simrad NSS12 evo 2 with 4g broadband and 1000w transducer recommended by the dealer I have no experience with it and he said I could change it. What electronics would you recommend?

DC61

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 28, 2011
Dana Point
Name
Paul L.
Boat
33’ Blackfin
On the west coast we anchor up and fish structure and kelp lines. I often pull the anchor 10- 15 times in a day. Sometimes I am anchoring in over 100 feet of water - love my promar 700 free fall windlass

I also agree on buying a used versus a new boat. New boats values drop like a rock. In addition you have to spend a ton of cash to outfit them with everything. The entire process is super expensive.

The advantage is that it is done the way you want it and it would be nice to have the new boat smell and warranty.

I went from So Cal to Maine to get my 2530 Parker. Super happy with the boat.

Maybe one day I will spring for a new boat.

Last edited: