Soulakala

Almost A Member
Oct 23, 2019
Ocean Park, Wa
Name
Chuck
Boat
Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
This my friends is true workplace story. Our workplace has a break room. To keep acceptable language acceptable the ladies agreed they would take lunch at 11:30 to noon in that room then us guys get it at noon. Sometimes its a mix and thats fine with everyone. Well three of us are from the same office and have worked together for years. Two of us bring sandwiches and one has a can of Chili he heats in the micro. The Chili guy likes to be front and center in anyones discussion and will lean against the counter while the chili heats while everyone else sits around the edge of the room in these chairs with side tables. Well one day my co worker opens his sack and says you in for a prank. Sure I am as he pulls out a can of dog food. What the hell did you bring that to work for. Well you know Jim always has the Chili for lunch so how about we switch these paper labels between the last can of his chili in his drawer and this dog food. I'm in 110% and knowing Jim is usually late sometimes coming into work wearing his pajamas and his office clothes in a bag we likely have plenty of time. So I get started on the chili can and Bob starts on the dog food label. In no time we have both labels off and looking undamaged. With a little glue the labels are back on and the can is in the drawer. Well at lunch Jim comes into the lunch room late as usual carrying his "chili" can. He reaches for the can opener in the drawer all the while sticking his nose into someone's discussion. Bob and I are dam near ready to piss our pants. As Jim cranks the can opener around the can he without looking pulls up the lid. By this time you can smell something other than chili. Jim looks down into the can and starts to spoon it into a bowl to heat in the micro. He's intent as he's doing this and then loudly to everyone's surprise barks out "fuck they left out the beans in this can of chili". Bob and I are trying not to look guilty. Jim then goes around the room showing his chili without beans to everyone, it even has this green tint to it and smells to Bob and I like dog food because we know it is. Jim keeps looking at the bowl then proclaims what the hell its lunch even without beans and pops it into the micro. Then smell in two minutes is bad, but he pulls it out stirs it up, takes a bite. Must not have been good as he goes over the refrig and digs out some hot sauce and adds that to the bowl. Bob and I can't stand it any longer and we leave. After lunch Jim comments to us that he had the worst lunch in his life and will never ever buy that brand of chili again. We never told him the truth and this really did happen.

Upvote 0

Soulakala

Almost A Member
Oct 23, 2019
Ocean Park, Wa
Name
Chuck
Boat
Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
Whats the fun if your not going to tell him.
It was fun to mess with him it balanced out some of the misery he gave us at times. We would do other stupid pranks. He liked to smoke a corn cob pipe, the same one for years. That was when it was ok to smoke in the office of course, most of did. Well on some long weekends we would take his pipe and place it in a pickle jar with only pickle juice in it. One of us would come in Monday morning, a holiday and take the pipe wipe it down and set it back in his ashtray. He always was trying these weird flavored pipe tobaccos. After our prank he would always have some comment like shit this tobacco has gone bad and toss it into the trash. It did stink. Since he managed project priorities and my crew was a "get r done" crew we drew always the most difficult jobs especially in winter. Jobs that we knew could have been scheduled in summer somehow ended up in January rain and cold. He still doesn't know but we're all retired now and my friend Bob died a few years back so my guess Bob could not care if Jim even found out he was part of the prank squad.

Upvote 0