What NEW reel/rod models would you like to see from PENN?

PENN
May 8, 2020
Point Loma
Name
Troy
Boat
Fun Ones
Would the cam from the visx fit?
Don’t imagine it would. Consider the price of a VISX 12 vs a TRQ 40N… one fishes 80lb all day and the other fishes light 80lb because the cam starts infringing on free spool. I gotta bring my 40N to get its cam bearing replaced, I’m curious if that’s what killing the free spool on mine or if it’s not a well made cam. I don’t believe in buying a $600 reel to have an inconsistency. The TRQ 40N is now all about just a shiny image. Not going to spend $600 when a reel doesn’t perform any better then it’s base model. A 40N sent to be blueprinted is a superior reel to a TRQ40N and that’s a scary image, because the total price is still cheaper then a TRQ 40N.

Upvote 0

Dbado1

Almost A Member
  • Jul 17, 2020
    Arizona
    Name
    Robert D Bado
    Boat
    Toyota tundra
    A "500+" series low profile (or round) bait caster designed from the start to take on 50-70# fish. Like a TranX 500 on roids. I recently saw multiple BFT in this weight class caught on the TranX and it was just able to do the job. Like them or not the low pros are user freindly ( which is why so many use them...in situations that they weren't meant for). So, why not make one made for those situations? I know, I know...they would still use them in situations they were not made for.

Upvote 0

tunanorth

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 4, 2005
    By the lake
    Name
    Tunanorth
    Boat
    Bass Tracker 16
    More Left-Hand reels. Tired of being the bastard child at the family reunion.

Ha-Ha, I am not left-handed, but believe me when I say that I bring up this topic in every discussion of new or even updated reels!

Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
    By the lake
    Name
    Tunanorth
    Boat
    Bass Tracker 16
    If your listening....... Star Drags will be all pre sold....bring them back:)

Its a funny thing; the TRQ star drags were not too popular until they were discontinued and the price dropped.
    A number of people bought them just based on the price drop, and were amazed at how nice they were.
    As a born and bred surface iron angler, I am always a strong advocate for this category.

Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
    By the lake
    Name
    Tunanorth
    Boat
    Bass Tracker 16
    I know it's gonna fall on deaf ears but...

International Fly Reel. Bring it back with a large arbor and a lever drag.

Good thought!
    For the most part, a reel of that type will now come out under the "Hardy" brand name.
    A long-established fly reel company, and PENN's "sister" company in Pure Fishing.
    I will inquire at ICAST to see if this avenue is now closed.

Upvote 0

Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
    Aug 11, 2019
    PNW
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
    Good thought!
    For the most part, a reel of that type will now come out under the "Hardy" brand name.
    A long-established fly reel company, and PENN's "sister" company in Pure Fishing.
    I will inquire at ICAST to see if this avenue is now closed.

Thank you for hearing my cries. I know the Hardy brand but I want something that competes with the Abels, Seiglers, Tibor etc... American made and matching the rest of my reels is an added bonus.

I mean look at this beauty.
    Screenshot_20210617-203738.jpg

Reactions: tunanorth
    Upvote 0
    May 8, 2020
    Point Loma
    Name
    Troy
    Boat
    Fun Ones
    Thank you for hearing my cries. I know the Hardy brand but I want something that competes with the Abels, Seiglers, Tibor etc... American made and matching the rest of my reels is an added bonus.

I mean look at this beauty.
    View attachment 1290792
    Alright Penn gold does look pretty hot on some reels. Mainly this one. And OG TRQ star drags.

Reactions: Hard Chargin'
    Upvote 0

NextMikeSays

Oct 23, 2017
    SoCal
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    No boat
    Ha-Ha, I am not left-handed, but believe me when I say that I bring up this topic in every discussion of new or even updated reels!
    I know they are expensive if you made them in Torque line but the key sizes for the lefty Fathom LD2 priority should be:

40N
    15 regular

Fathom 2 star in 25N for surface iron.

Reactions: Reelax_N_Fish
    Upvote 0

kbray001

Aug 18, 2009
    South OC
    Name
    Kirk
    Boat
    Regal 24
    500 size low profile bait caster!

I’m sure this has been covered before but I think this would be a great product. The large bait casters have really caught on recently.

Reactions: tony38
    Upvote 0