What NEW reel/rod models would you like to see from PENN?

PENN

shooter21

Aug 30, 2014
Bakersfield
Name
Shane
Boat
Someday
Change the torque 30 make it taller and narrow with the same line capacity but more drag. Wide reels are out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Reel 007

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
How about the LP series in Torque, how about 300, 400 and add a 500 series in Torque with full metal body.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KXKH

Feb 28, 2018
NorCal
Name
Boat
19' Hobie
Nope the 40n has quite a bit more line capacity, and quite a bit bigger. There is definitely a big hole between the 30 qnd 40n. Just don't see why the 15xn, 25, & 30 are all the same spool diameter and drag rating when they all get fished at different line ratings.

If I'm casting a small dine or chovy but need the drag output to slow down the bigger fish, that's where the 15XN comes to play. It's easier to cast light bait with 15XN than say a 25 or 30. A smaller size reel will result in a less drag output. And also a 15XN can fish 30lbs or even 40lbs just as good as the 25 can. I got tangled in situations where I wish I had the 15XNLD2 when there's big fish around that only wanted small bait. Just my experience and opinion.

Reactions: Tim Turis
Upvote 0

NextMikeSays

Oct 23, 2017
SoCal
Name
Mike
Boat
No boat
If I'm casting a small dine or chovy but need the drag output to slow down the bigger fish, that's where the 15XN comes to play. It's easier to cast light bait with 15XN than say a 25 or 30. A smaller size reel will result in a less drag output. And also a 15XN can fish 30lbs or even 40lbs just as good as the 25 can. I got tangled in situations where I wish I had the 15XNLD2 when there's big fish around that only wanted small bait. Just my experience and opinion.

I had cal blueprint it so technically it can fish 60. Just limited on capacity. Freespool is fantastic like I think I can fly a goldfish

• Love
Reactions: KXKH
Upvote 0

Derekrob

Jul 21, 2015
Name
Derekr
Boat
None
A fathom II 15 levelwind with 6:1 gear ratio- for those who like using round lw reels for slow pitch its hard to find a reel with a fast enough ipt. If you can make it nice and shiney silver or black better. Something like the almost impossible to get - shimano ocea conquest 300 hg limited.

tunanorth

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Looks like ICAST is a "go" for sure.
Anything else?

Upvote 0

yrd

BS on no pics ..!.,
Jun 14, 2009
Flux
Name
Ted
Boat
anything w/ HOOK-UP!!!
series for the Fathom 2's?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tunanorth

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
When will the rods and reels released at Icast be avalible to purchase? Fall?

In an average year, ICAST products start to show up in about September.
This year, things may take somewhat longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tugboat64
Upvote 0

F.I.S.H.Y

Fishermen.
  • Sep 27, 2019
    San Diego CA
    Name
    Erick
    Boat
    None
    Looks like ICAST is a "go" for sure.
    Anything else?
    get me VISX 12n. or Visx 10?? to match the mak 15t please, maybe a little taller for extra capacity to get close capacity to the 12 but of course narrower. I'm sure tons of other anglers would dig it.

I think it's also time to redo the torque, like increased drag, maybe factory lubed tsi 301 and cals grease to put on the drag. Reduce sideload at higher settings. I feel like the performance of the torque is just too close to the fathom at the moment. I would also like to see the lever system from the visa trickled down to the torque since my torques and fathoms get pretty tight on high drag settings.

other than that, how bout a torque 500 low pro for the popper guys??
    Looking forward to seeing what Penn comes out with!!!

Tugboat64
    Tugboat64
    I would rather torque low profiles before the VISX’s gotta give us bass guys something to use that isn’t shimano made 😂😂
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0
    May 8, 2020
    Point Loma
    Name
    Troy
    Boat
    Fun Ones
    get me VISX 12n. or Visx 10?? to match the mak 15t please, maybe a little taller for extra capacity to get close capacity to the 12 but of course narrower. I'm sure tons of other anglers would dig it.

I think it's also time to redo the torque, like increased drag, maybe factory lubed tsi 301 and cals grease to put on the drag. Reduce sideload at higher settings. I feel like the performance of the torque is just too close to the fathom at the moment. I would also like to see the lever system from the visa trickled down to the torque since my torques and fathoms get pretty tight on high drag settings.

other than that, how bout a torque 500 low pro for the popper guys??
    Looking forward to seeing what Penn comes out with!!!
    Torque line featuring improved Cams is what you mean.

Oh look another narrow VISX 12 idea, gee it’s almost like there’s a purpose for heavy duty 60lb reels. I call bull on a product that can serve as a narrow heavy duty reel that can be used for jigging not being wanted on both coasts. If it’s to much to redesign a reel and create a new line, well a narrow VISX 12 is just low hanging fruit from a marketing perspective. Also I’m sure it would greatly boost sales of both reels of that size when people realize the difference in gearing.

I’d like to see a smaller slammer for sure. Down to the 1k or 1.5k size would be sick.

Upvote 0