What NEW reel/rod models would you like to see from PENN?

PENN

shooter21

Aug 30, 2014
Bakersfield
Name
Shane
Boat
Someday
Sounds a lot like the 40N.
Nope the 40n has quite a bit more line capacity, and quite a bit bigger. There is definitely a big hole between the 30 qnd 40n. Just don't see why the 15xn, 25, & 30 are all the same spool diameter and drag rating when they all get fished at different line ratings.

Reactions: KXKH

KXKH

Almost A Member
Feb 28, 2018
NorCal
Name
Boat
19' Hobie
Nope the 40n has quite a bit more line capacity, and quite a bit bigger. There is definitely a big hole between the 30 qnd 40n. Just don't see why the 15xn, 25, & 30 are all the same spool diameter and drag rating when they all get fished at different line ratings.

If I'm casting a small dine or chovy but need the drag output to slow down the bigger fish, that's where the 15XN comes to play. It's easier to cast light bait with 15XN than say a 25 or 30. A smaller size reel will result in a less drag output. And also a 15XN can fish 30lbs or even 40lbs just as good as the 25 can. I got tangled in situations where I wish I had the 15XNLD2 when there's big fish around that only wanted small bait. Just my experience and opinion.

NextMikeSays

Oct 23, 2017
SoCal
Name
Mike
Boat
No boat
If I'm casting a small dine or chovy but need the drag output to slow down the bigger fish, that's where the 15XN comes to play. It's easier to cast light bait with 15XN than say a 25 or 30. A smaller size reel will result in a less drag output. And also a 15XN can fish 30lbs or even 40lbs just as good as the 25 can. I got tangled in situations where I wish I had the 15XNLD2 when there's big fish around that only wanted small bait. Just my experience and opinion.

I had cal blueprint it so technically it can fish 60. Just limited on capacity. Freespool is fantastic like I think I can fly a goldfish

• Love
Reactions: KXKH

Derekrob

Jul 21, 2015
Name
Derekr
Boat
None
A fathom II 15 levelwind with 6:1 gear ratio- for those who like using round lw reels for slow pitch its hard to find a reel with a fast enough ipt. If you can make it nice and shiney silver or black better. Something like the almost impossible to get - shimano ocea conquest 300 hg limited.