What NEW reel/rod models would you like to see from PENN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anders1

Almost A Member
Jul 31, 2008
Oregon
Name
Ron
Boat
16 " Duckworth
A 7' Carnage II rod that will work the smaller jigs better. Like a 20-50lb. The CARJGII3080C66 is rated for 4-7 OZ jigs, but the tip is too stiff for the low end of this range.

Reactions: jarhead
Upvote 0

tunanorth

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Steve, What do YOU think makes sense knowing the inner workings of Penn?

Ha-Ha, I give the engineering dept. plenty of input on my own.
After every long-range trip I turn in a full report.
Most of the time, surveys like this just show that my own thoughts mirror what the majority of people think.
However, a few nuggets of genius always manage to pop up here.

Upvote 0
May 8, 2020
Point Loma
Name
Troy
Boat
Fun Ones
Gen 3 torque star. Lighten it up by an ounce or two just to make it an “upgrade”. Black or silver. And, make the 25N just a tad wider. Call it a 25WN or something. Would be the ultimate jig reel.
They could also put in the extra drag washer and plate from the Gen II with stainless steel gears. That would count as an upgrade.

I would say the second thing to note for the engineers at penn, would be to focus on making the reel feel as solid as possible. That “quick service” Sideplates on the gen II fathom and squall has some subtle play in the handle and gears, more so then the Fathom 1s and the Torques.

Reactions: Arthur1
Upvote 0

F.I.S.H.Y

Fishermen.
  • Sep 27, 2019
    San Diego CA
    Name
    Erick
    Boat
    None
    Torque 500 low profile as mentioned before. I would switch all my bait and jig reel 40lbs and under in a heart beat.
    A fully machined anodized aluminum Baitcaster made in the usa with the live spindle Design and ss guts, deeper cut spool for more capacity, ht100 drag...The ultimate Baitcaster!!

Reactions: KXKH
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts