What masks are the smart skippers & deckhands wearing?

Jul 27, 2018
People's Republik of Mexifornistan
Name
Bruce
Boat
PR49HD
Haven't been on the ocean in a decade, gonna get on a boat soon and am wondering what face mask the crews & PBers are wearing. Figure by now they've found a "best option" that is light, not too hot, meets the requirements without fogging up your glasses. Some of the neck gaiters look like they'd be uncomfortable after a short time.

SouthBayKiller

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Required to appease the ignorant.... they will not protect you or anyone else... good luck. Hope you slay them
Sweet, so do you want to go fishing or not? I don't care if its effective or not, I would like to go fishing and try and be as comfortable doing it as possible given the rules.

Back to the opp, most I've seen are wearing some kind of buff style face covering. One plus is you don't get sun burnt also.

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
A lot of these masks look like you're wearing panties on your face.I'll stick with the surgical/doctor style mask myself.That one has also been the most comfortable for me.

Reactions: stangclassic66

Fearlessfiasco

Loco Leftist...
Jun 5, 2012
La Mesa
Name
Jeff
Boat
Sea Pro 170DC & S/V Lunar Dawn a Casade 36' Sloop
I'd wear a mask just to keep from smelling some of you stank ass mothers. The heads are cleaner than you.
Just another form of combat fishing....biological warfare fishing. Gotta do what you gotta do to keep your AOR clear of other combatants.

brilliantdodo

Sep 3, 2003
Orange County
Name
Dan
Boat
Pro-Line
I got one of the Pelagic neck gaiters. It's not uncomfortable like the masks that wrap around your ears. Wear a hat, and pull it up onto the hat so it stays in place. You also dont have to worry about sunblock on your face

Reactions: SouthBayKiller

SD2600

Opinions aren’t constitutional- they are earned
Apr 13, 2017
San diego
Name
Dustin
Boat
26' sea swirl
Since you say opinions are earned how many years did you study infectious diseases to earn that opinion of masks....?

Zero..... and I don’t plan to either..your comment suggest that you have a long list of diplomas and certificates after your name when you send emails.. but if you Or anyone wants to believe that masks will save u as well as being 6 feet apart....follow as u please. I guess Darwin must of blinked when those that suggest the above is the solution Passed by...

But if wearing a mask Allows you to fish. I hope you slay them!!!