What Is YOUR Preferred Method

What is YOUR preferred method to ring you flat falls, knife jigs for BIG bluefin?

• Split rings

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Soldered rings with bronze

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Soldered rings with 56% silver

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Tig

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Mig

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

socal53

Aug 27, 2013
Lakewood Ca
Name
Chano J
Boat
The one available on my off day!
O.K everyone here is a quick question which I am sure has no simple answer, what would be YOUR preferred method to ring you flat falls, knife jigs or any other jig used to target big bluefin tuna150 lb.+...... split rings, soldered, brazed, tig, mig.....super glue.....lol! What method and what type of material do you use.

I have a handful of jigs and i am trying to choose a method to rig them (all this will be done at home, not on the boat), I have SS rings to solder, I also have Owner ultra #10 split rings (590lb.) I have access to an oxy-acetylene set as well as a small butane torch....I just want to know what everyone uses

Last edited:

BluefinCurly

Skipper
Aug 15, 2004
Soon to be the great State of Texas
Name
Carl
Boat
Vagabond, The Last Minute
I use a solid HD ring for my main connection point.

I first loop two monster assist hooks to the ring, then the split ring to the jig, then my 200 floro leader crimped (with chafing) to the top of the ring.

I does not seem to impact the action of the jig, and you are tied directly to the hook set.

Just my fav....

Upvote 0

Pacific Jigger

You’ll never know unless you go
Sep 16, 2019
United States
Name
Bud
Boat
Formula 233
I use a solid HD ring for my main connection point.

I first loop two monster assist hooks to the ring, then the split ring to the jig, then my 200 floro leader crimped (with chafing) to the top of the ring.

I does not seem to impact the action of the jig, and you are tied directly to the hook set.

Just my fav....
^^ What he said. This method has been the worldwide standard for years and for good reason.

Reactions: BluefinCurly
Upvote 0

Latest posts