What is going on off Torrey Pines State Beach?

H.N.C.F

Aug 26, 2005
San Diego
Name
Neil
Boat
Tiara 3100 Open
For the last 3+ days I have seen upwards of 8 boats fishing a small area about a mile off south Del Mar/North Torrey Pines State Beach. This includes 2-3 party boats that have stayed there all day. What is happening there?

Reactions: cortezpirasea
Upvote 0

johndtuttle

Angler/Client
Mar 20, 2008
Carmel, CA
Name
john
Boat
not crazy enough yet
I think they are fishing....LOL.

Upvote 0

H.N.C.F

Aug 26, 2005
San Diego
Name
Neil
Boat
Tiara 3100 Open
Good point they are likely fishing...just looking to go to the next level down on the information flow chart? I did check the counts at Seaforth but that did not give any leads...Problem is I do not know which boats they are.

Upvote 0

tsutton

Aug 5, 2008
LAKESIDE
Name
troy sutton
Boat
20 seapro
I wish I had some Intel for you but I don't know.If I did would share.The gentlemen with the smart a$$ comments don't know either.

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
I wish I had some Intel for you but I don't know.If I did would share.The gentlemen with the smart a$$ comments don't know either.
I assume you are talking to me.
It was not a smart ass comment. As a member of Fishdope" I can not share the info I get there, over here.
If you were thinking, you might look at my comment as a hint. Not a smart as comment.
If your comment was not
directed at me, I apologize.

Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Drama queens

That a great Sea Bass spot?? But also Sharks, YT and I heard there are some lost fish from down south that are visiting our waters.
Don't know go find out.

Reactions: Johnlgarrison
Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
Actually we probably do. Its not that difficult. You start with the possible landings. Helgrens and seaforth. Eliminate any boats fishing offshore. I.E. any boat with tuna and dorado. What you have left must be what they are catching. Bass and yellowtail.

Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
I assume you are talking to me.
It was not a smart ass comment. As a member of Fishdope" I can not share the info I get there, over here.
If you were thinking, you might look at my comment as a hint. Not a smart as comment.
If your comment was not
directed at me, I apologize.

Dude, chill it's all good. Questions always prompt interesting responses.

Standard answer #1, They're making bait...:D;)

Reactions: Blackfish
Upvote 0

johndtuttle

Angler/Client
Mar 20, 2008
Carmel, CA
Name
john
Boat
not crazy enough yet
Good point they are likely fishing...just looking to go to the next level down on the information flow chart? I did check the counts at Seaforth but that did not give any leads...Problem is I do not know which boats they are.

Sorry, of course I don't know what they are catching, just had to be a schmartie pants and have some fun. :)

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Private party,invite only LOL

Upvote 0

loosendrag

Jul 13, 2006
Greater Los Angeles Area
Name
John
Boat
None
That sounds like Scripps canyon spot located right above of marine reserve.
I remember me and my friends fished the spot a lot on a 1/2 boat out of Seaforth in late 90's. We used to catch lots of calico bass and rockfish there along with occasional YT on yoyo from fall through winter.
BTW, your posting reminds me of my college days I spent in SD. :beerbang::devil:

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
your all wrong. its a wide open sculpin bite, and since their out of season currently that's why they're not in anyone's counts. just catch and release.

Upvote 0