What have you wished you didn't forget to bring?

Johnlgarrison

The ultimate goal is memories not dreams.
Jul 27, 2009
Temecula CA USA!
www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
Name
Johnny Garrison
Boat
Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
A towel! Ended up using a couple of extra t-shirts instead.
I have forgotten a towel more than once and had to use t shirts. I bring 2 pairs of socks for each day, I always go through my sock drawer and find old ones. When I change socks the dirty ones go straight in the trash.

qtrracer

Jan 17, 2010
Simi Valley, CA
Name
Paul
Boat
none
An extra towel for when the one you brought won't dry, cocktail makings, weights, hooks smaller than you thought you were gonna need, Salt Away(or a spray bottle for fresh water), Corrosion X and Tums

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
An extra towel for when the one you brought won't dry, cocktail makings, weights, hooks smaller than you thought you were gonna need, Salt Away(or a spray bottle for fresh water), Corrosion X and Tums
bring plenty of solo cups' most guy that make mixed drinks forget their' trust me guys will be asking you if you have extras,
had one guy begging me for one' I waited a while before I gave him one because it was fun watching him drink Rum and Cokes from a Dixie cup
and a Towel and Eye drops and(air freshener) for them guys that have stinky feet and ASS
baby powder with corn starch and plenty of Ibuprofen

Last edited:

TEAMFISH

JUST ADD WATER
Aug 17, 2006
TORRANCE
Name
DAVE
Boat
25' Skipjack Fisherman
bring plenty of solo cups'
Better yet, a large tumbler with a lid.

X2 on the socks, towel(s), attitude, meds and extra shirts.

Wahoover

Jan 5, 2005
Laguna Niguel
Name
jack snipe
Boat
Long Range
I always bring a short (6 foot) extension cord. The electrical outlets in the staterooms seem like they are always in weird locations. Nice to be able to charge all my gadgets when I need to.

And you can never have too many wahoo jigs...

Reactions: dragonballs

reel man

Common sense
Dec 31, 2004
Burbank, CA
Name
Jerry
Boat
Spirit of Adventure
Planning out a few 3 and 4 day trips, then shooting for a real LR trip next season. My question is what have you've forgotten on a trip that you wished you hadn't? Or maybe realize once you're on the boat that you wish you had brought this, or that?

Mine is always socks... I always use more than I bring.

I think it'd be nice to see what others have forgotten so I and others might realize before we take off...
Forgot my jig bucket which also had my lead. DOH!

Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
Feb 20, 2010
Long Beach Ca.
Name
Jeff Bruner
Boat
14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
Well there was the year I took off on an 8-day without my reel case... borrowed reels from others and it worked out fine. Then last December I left my line box behind for a 10-day. Luckily it was an Izorline charter and I babied my line a little more than usual and it worked out.

Like Jeff said above, checklist is the way to go.

Reactions: alulunga

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
Hand lotion...

Reactions: matta57

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
bottle of wine and a heating pad
what kinda wine you bringing? sake? or is that to heat up your roomie carls hand lotion?

marlyn

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
I have forgotten a towel more than once and had to use t shirts. I bring 2 pairs of socks for each day, I always go through my sock drawer and find old ones. When I change socks the dirty ones go straight in the trash.
I had a hunting buddy who employed a similar technique with his underwear,he brought all the old ones and at the end of every day he just threw them in the fire,lol.

Reactions: Blackfish

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
My prescription sunglasses. Try walking around the Point Loma landings, looking for a pair of clip-on polarized sunglasses. Ain't gonna happen. Paid too much for some "fitovers" and those suck.

Oh, and one time I brought only Pinot Noir, Cab, and Syrah and was totally screwed when they served chicken! Always, ALWAYS take a good bottle of Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc. ;)

Reactions: falconer

walkerman

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 7, 2008
Ventura
Name
Steve
Boat
n/a
I do the same with T shirts. I bring the old ones that are ready for the rag bag. Toss them in trash at the end of day.

Reactions: Blackfish