Strip it. Mend it. Hit it!
Jul 11, 2004
San Diego
www.lawrenceshea.com
Name
Larry
Boat
Your Cabo
Who said he was running his yacht? Or even on it for that matter . Dont be too quick to judge...[/QUOTE]

It’s his yacht. His crew. He hires them. He fires them. He decides what’s acceptable conduct.

Billionaires don’t steer their super yachts but he’s responsible. When that changes we aren’t human anymore.

Reactions: Cubeye

Larmo

Strip it. Mend it. Hit it!
Jul 11, 2004
San Diego
www.lawrenceshea.com
Name
Larry
Boat
Your Cabo
This is great! Thanks for posting! I was wondering if there was anything that I could do. My favorite deckhand/captain. I hope he pulls this out and continues to thrive. Prayers for the families involved as well. Terrible tragedy!
Money to the captain and prayers to the family.

This is why this industry won’t change on its own accord.

Reactions: Blackfish

kindafishy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"

tunacraze

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 27, 2006
Santee
Name
Steve Brunton
Boat
The Big Ones
I don't know the family, but I know Andrew. I have not seen a go fund me for the family, but if there is one I will gladly donate to it. I hope we have all sparked change for the better. AIS should be on at all times on all operating boats.

Reactions: kbray001

Brettio

May 8, 2004
Idaho
Name
Brett
Boat
none

daluvian

Sep 1, 2005
san diego
Name
Adog
Boat
pilothouse custom
This gofund me thing is a bunch of shit for all we know it could have been his fault. Details need to come first before people throw
MONey out the window

Reactions: MDC

roosters

Jul 13, 2009
East Cape BCS
Name
Big Dick Dicky
Boat
Amy Fisher
I’m in a salty mood at the moment. One of the landing’s lunch carriers just told me I was a POS.

Lol. They still don’t understand the predicament they’re in. Two people dead another maimed and they’re still arrogant and in denial.

Invicta was a wake up call but they slept through the alarm.
Man O' Man.

Who's idea was it to creat a GFM page for Andy? I can not help but to think in some way that the Caption ( who is also part owner) is ultimately responsible for every soul on his watch. I have spent several hundred in a wheel house going up and down the line. A target is A target WTF fog or no fog this could have been avoided.

Where the fuck is the GFM page for the victims of this horrible tragedy.

I truly hope that some of Andys funds are redirected to the familys of the victims who lost their lives on his watch.

How about a refund Seaforth for every soul on board that trip.

Dont get me started!!!

Brettio

May 8, 2004
Idaho
Name
Brett
Boat
none
It’s kind of ironic that the captains go fund me page will likely just be a pass through to the real victims as I’m sure any monies collected from that site will be added to any and every lawsuit he’s likely soon to be named in.

Reactions: MDC

Cy Bodden

Been there done that
Oct 15, 2013
Escondido, CA
Name
Cy
Boat
Parker 2120
Seems weird, weirder that the “goal” amount was raised once the previous goal was met.

I’m saving my money for the true victims who didn't come home.
Gofund Me automatically raises once the goal is met. Still a business for Go Fund Me. I believe their cut is 10% so if its trending, which it is, it will keep going.

Blackfish

Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Sep 20, 2005
In a Pineapple, under the sea.
Name
Lee Obvious
Boat
50' Hatteras
I'm with Donna on this. The whole thread has turned into a shit show.
They always do. It's like a metamorphic or evolutionary state. They just grow and evolve into a shit show. Never fells. You can graph them out. Stage one...Oh man. How did this happen? Stage two, Condulancesses. Stage three, questions about who was at fault, Stage four, how this could have been prevented....stage five. Armchair warriors start fighting, stage six, insensitive comments, stage seven personal attacks on others who commented, stage eight, repeating the same argument and posting links because you didn't read all 10 pages Stage nine, who is going to have to pay out, stage 10, more arguing with each others about each others comments, stage 11, a few apologies for being a dick, stage 12, more know it all's knowing it all, stage 13, close the thread, stage 14, leave the thread open, its good to learn from this, stage 15, close the thread, and stage 16, it all starts again............and so on.

Carry on.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
They always do. It's like a metamorphic or evolutionary state. They just grow and evolve into a shit show. Never fells. You can graph them out. Stage one...Oh man. How did this happen? Stage two, Condulancesses. Stage three, questions about who was at fault, Stage four, how this could have been prevented....stage five. Armchair warriors start fighting, stage six, insensitive comments, stage seven personal attacks on others who commented, stage eight, repeating the same argument and posting links because you didn't read all 10 pages Stage nine, who is going to have to pay out, stage 10, more arguing with each others about each others comments, stage 11, a few apologies for being a dick, stage 12, more know it all's knowing it all, stage 13, close the thread, stage 14, leave the thread open, its good to learn from this, stage 15, close the thread, and stage 16, it all starts again............and so on.

Carry on.
Pretty damn close. It's like you've seen this before.

Vigilant32

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 9, 2004
Name
G
Boat
Sadily this terrible tragedy in our beloved backyard has us all thinking about our journeys at sea and our expectations of safe passage home.

Knowing another sole was fatality injured & other(s) badly hurt is worse to share with fellow fisherman. But I think relevant even as we are learning more.

Let’s continue to hope all involved will be able to cope.

Casting judgements on posters is not necessary. It’s not good forum throughout life regardless of topic , imho. The thread has sparked deep emotions and discussions amongst my crew of guys that have spent 1000’s of hrs fishing at sea, near & far. Many of those hours at the helms of our own boats where we were running with, around or further & faster than the fleet.

I came close to killing everyone onboard while in transit to the Cortez bank at 300 am one night not too long ago. I had that target tracked for 30 miles. I had dual zone alarms set. Both sounded. The fucker was doing crazy Ivans in a freighter and I couldn’t shake his direction or get a response from the helm.

Clear as a bell with endless star lite night this guy and I were closing way to fast . Miles apart I had stopped but he still pointed right at my bow.

We barely missed. It took full battlestations emergency high speed maneuver to miss that ship. I counted the rivets up his bowline during that close miss.

Wasn’t our night to die, but we were seconds away, 85 miles off our coast. Scaryist night on the water in my life.

This thread has made me relive it, say a prayer for all , and break out my seamanship book .

Shit happens and it could have been anyone of us. I’m learning to revisit my safety, knowledge, equipment & handling of the vessels under my watch. RIP Gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.