seabass630

Feb 14, 2009
so cal
Name
carlos
Boat
No boat
What happened to the bluefin, count are low
Only yellowtail fishing, I’m asking only because I have a 2day trip in 4 weeks, and wanted to fish bluefin

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
  • Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Their still out there. I think the yellows are a little bit better for the counts that keeps boats full

Reactions: stuman and T-Tang

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
  • Dec 20, 2008
    San Clemente
    Name
    Brett Weinberg
    Boat
    Parker 2120SCDV
    It moved up the beach a little, isn't eating bait great and the bigger stuff vaporized a little like it did this time last year. With wide open kelps and some YFT sliding up that's what they are doing.

Upvote 0

Mr Main22

Shoot em & cook em
    Apr 18, 2014
    Open Ocean
    Name
    BajaLifeStyle
    Boat
    Parker 21
    Yesterday we flew the kite west end of SCI ALL Day back and forth to 499 to about 6 miles outside of Clemente. This has been the zone where the biggins have been and the spot is absolutely just dried up.

That's bluefin fishing though. They'll make a showing around the new moon.

Reactions: max and kbray001
    Upvote 0

OnoEric

Sometimes I fish
  • Dec 13, 2003
    San Marcos
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    Grady White 208
    They're in Orange County and LA County waters right now. I never saw as much bluefin as I saw yesterday. Foamers everywhere, and based on the people I talked to, they were on every local bank inside the Bight.

Reactions: Tunahead
    E
    Ethan1144
    What time was this out at went yesterday couldnt find em
    Upvote 0
    OnoEric
    OnoEric
    @Ethan1144 We found an area of birds and bait about 9:30 and waited it out. Bluefin came up about 10:30 and stayed up until 12:30... Tide change was at 11:30.
    Upvote 0
    Northeastfshman
    Northeastfshman
    We hooked 18 fish yesterday (ORL) - it was insane fishing. Just had to get away from the fleet, approach the schools properly and they stright wanted to die. Had them up from the minute we pulled the throttles back to the minute we went home. Most BFT bites I've gotten in a day East or West Coast.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

RUNNOFT

Word of the Day: IceMelter
    May 13, 2003
    Orange County Kali
    Name
    OT - the Other Travis
    Boat
    Professional Boat Ho for now
    They're in Orange County and LA County waters right now. I never saw as much bluefin as I saw yesterday. Foamers everywhere, and based on the people I talked to, they were on every local bank inside the Bight.
    I flew into John Wayne on a commercial jet on Saturday afternoon and during approach can confirm that I saw no less than 15 foamers between Catalina and the platforms and only one of them I saw had A BOAT on it

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    HA They're all over the Catalina Channel now west of NB,HB,LB.
    More have been caught behind Cat too. Even an Albacore school.

Reactions: kbray001
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Even an Albawhat?
    Some of these LOL Seen on SA80 recent post here on BD

albacore.jpg

Upvote 0

Fred100

Jul 24, 2008
    Vista
    Name
    Fred
    Boat
    none
    I am kinda in the same predicament. Looking to buy a new Phenix Axis 820XH or 780H depending on what we will be fishing for on 8-10. Guess we will just have to wait and see what fish want to play.

Upvote 0

jorgecev

May 20, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Jorge Cevallos
    Boat
    Cobia 23
    We were out yesterday between the north 9 and 182, closer to the 9 we saw a ton of big schools of bigger grade tuna, breezing and boiling. Closer to the 182 there were a lot of the smaller grade foamers. We tried kite, run and gun, and everything else and they just wouldn't go, hard to even get within 200 yards of them. Brutal but there is a lot of fish out there.

Reactions: Shewillbemine
    Upvote 0

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
    May 18, 2013
    Cali
    Name
    Dan Monster
    Boat
    Predatormonster
    Just let everyone get sick of the bastards and start targeting again late August . These fish know to sink out when the mean people show up . They see our pathetic attempts a mile away .

Upvote 0