What Can a Newbie Texas Fisherman Chase Near Georgetown &b How Far to the Ocean?

TanstaaflSD

Dec 3, 2013
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
Tanstaafl
Boat
n/a
Oh, hell, not another California thinking about moving to Texas....Yup!
For a variety of reasons wife and I (both retired now) are thinking of bailing on calif and moving to Texas.....high on our list is the Georgetown area (daughter now in Dallas, aunt in Sun City, and cousin in Port Mansfield). Figure if I ever miss calif politics I can drive to Austin (or whatever new name it gets).
But, aside from plans to fly to make future long range trips out of San Diego while I can, I will become a Texas fisherman. I grew up on Long Island NY and chased surf & estuary Blues and Stripers growing up, so I like stripers as targets and as dinner. Are the freshwater Stripers similar? How is the travel from Georgetown to the gulf .... do'able mid week for day fishing or hotel o'night required?
Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed!
Tight lines...
PS second similar post, other was about a year ago....just keep thinking about moving.

Reactions: Jig Strike

Day0ne

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 24, 2004
Texas
Name
David
Boat
233 Formula Shadowdancer

Jimmieridge

Oct 8, 2016
Texas
Name
Jimmie
Boat
A great big one out in the gulf
Give the 36 hr and 50 hr trips out of port Aransas a chance. Not luxury
Like California boats.more like camping. Shorter trips for kings,snapper,and shark. Stripers are a blast but hard to find without a boat except in spring when they stack up in tailwaters behind dams

TanstaaflSD

Dec 3, 2013
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
Tanstaafl
Boat
n/a
Give the 36 hr and 50 hr trips out of port Aransas a chance. Not luxury
Like California boats.more like camping. Shorter trips for kings,snapper,and shark. Stripers are a blast but hard to find without a boat except in spring when they stack up in tailwaters behind dams
THANK YOU ALLL !!
Starting the road trip next week
Tight lines