What? Boat stuck in a cave at Sunset Ciffs

radman

Jun 10, 2006
escondido
Name
Darrin
Boat
Stringari
And all you guys thought it was only another captain out of seaforth who missed the mark with his boat.You have to give them credit for a shot NASA would even have trouble getting right.....right into a cave!It probably saved them,because most other spots down there and the boat would have ended up in pieces?

Upvote 0

ocsleeper

May 1, 2008
Anaheim
Name
Ricky
Boat
Cobia 220 DC
Considering they were not in danger as the article stated, I wonder if this is something Boat US would have handled

Upvote 0

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
That was me calling as I sat on a little patch outside. One person said go for it , then I'm guessing it was him giving the spill about being out all day with no fish , etc.
I chummed for a bit for nada, then found fish to the west a few miles .

They had a lot of fish. A lot. Wee never really got on top of the past and the fish were under it. We chummed up a school for a few, but they went back to the paddy for the chunk. We gave them 40# of ice. I guess they slipped into cave at low tide.

He said his proximity alarm would wake him.

Upvote 0

Darksails

I like bourbon.
Sep 10, 2012
OC
Name
Blaine
Boat
Tiara 3100 Open 'Sol Delight'
We sailed through the debris field of the boat that hit the Coronados 6 or so years ago during the Newport to Ensenada race.

These two are f'ing lucky.

Upvote 0
Jul 24, 2017
San Diego, Calif
Name
Joseph Gratteau
Boat
Valco Westcoaster 150'
I guess the atrium cave is in the reserve, so no lobsters. It faces SW, so coming up from the islands does not figure.Would have to make a right turn, in the swell.

Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
Once again a boat operator with no regards to other boaters , turn on the auto pilot abd get some shut eye , it was a nice looking rig , Coronados to san diego bay is a hour max and they couldn't stay awake for this little journey ? Its a good thind they ended up in a cave instead of T boning another vessel, I hope their days of operating a boat is over at least no one was injured,

Reactions: Sdchronix and plj46
Upvote 0

aguachico

Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
The young one is a deckhand on a well known cattle boat...

That makes sense. That kid was a fish catching machine. The fish were hung under the paddy and their boat. When I gave them ice, they had a large pile of chunk.

He was sneaky throwing tuna and YT on the deck. Never lifted his rod.

I'm glad they made it back with a scratched boat and bruised pride.

Reactions: marlyn
Upvote 0

mrkrabs

Mar 3, 2009
Santee/ca/usa
Name
Marty
Boat
Lard ass
:D

tumblr_ok98lkuG4G1u501aoo1_400.gif