Ed Y

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 19, 2003
Huntington Beach
Name
Ed
Boat
BW Montauk 170
That $100 vessel assist looks to be a great deal. Anyone know which tier membership that is? Also, my renewal is up in August, will they just go from there or the day of the show?
Unlimited + trailer assist for $99

fish&snow

lurker
May 27, 2014
Name
James
Boat
Reel Freedom
Pelagic had 2 boardshorts for $40 and 2 Technical shirts for $40. Shorts and shirts i bought retail for just under $300. I walked away for $80. Hell of a deal.

Pescaanytime

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 11, 2011
Orange, CA,US
Name
Raul
Boat
looking for boat
Didn't see anything on sale that I wanted, Did get some good info on trips to Canada and Mexico. Probably could have gotten the same info on the internet. If I needed a pole or reel I think I could have gotten a better deal at Chark Bait (15-20% off during the show) plus a savings of $30.00 for not paying parking or admission to the show. Very questionable if I will continue attending the show every year.

ripped

Dec 5, 2007
Santa Barbara
Name
Gary
Boat
Vagabond
I got an Okuma PCH Rail Rod for my son in-law for $202 plus a promo package of 5 Squish Jigs. btw, just the quality components ( less the blank) they used to build this cost well over $150. Can't beat it.

r8rs4lf

Jun 17, 2017
Tree Juan ho
Name
Al
Boat
Salty AF
Unlimited + trailer assist for $99
I got the renewal on Wednesday.

FYI, to answer my own question and in case anyone else was wondering, when you renew it picks up from the original date so I'm good until 8/2020.

jim isbell

Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
Come on by the Bob Sands Tackle Booth.. We are one of the largest retail dealers at the show with everything at great savings.. Rods and reels from most all the manufacturers, JIgs and Bombs from JRI, Tady, Caivo, Leadmaster, Shimano and more all with Great Incentives specifically for the show...Flourocarbon, Bags, Tuffline Boots and more.. Everything from A to Z will be on sale at phenomenal prices.. Absolutely come by to see if our Blowout rack has something for you.

Best of luck

Jamie
and that is fair enough Jaime, thanks for the tip.

DennisV

Jan 4, 2017
Paloma, CA
Name
Dennis Vagt
Boat
Just a NuCanoe Frontier now.
I got an Okuma PCH Rail Rod for my son in-law for $202 plus a promo package of 5 Squish Jigs. btw, just the quality components ( less the blank) they used to build this cost well over $150. Can't beat it.
:cheers:

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
It got bit :)

Not sure these days about party boat coupons. But rode allot for 2 for 1 or discounts. Coupons from the show. Short range trips. 1/2 days and 3/4 days. Helps fam, grom, and budget dude that fishes allot. Sharing a sack with a buddy. Cut a fin

619angler

Well-Known "Member"
May 9, 2015
San Diego
Name
Michael
Boat
none
JRI stingers were 8 bucks and buy 3 get 1 free I think at Bob sands. They also had the caivo large surface for $4 which is cheaper than LB Fishing. Turners had some good deals on rods too. I ended up buying 3 rods. Californian 8' for 60 a curado 8' for 72 and went half with a buddy on a 13 Omen bogo 25 a piece.

Last edited:

Marc S

Captain
Mar 2, 2012
Calabasas, Calif. USA
Name
Marc
Boat
Inflatable
I went to the show today. It was absolutely packed! Bought two Phenix Rods and got 10% off both, wasn’t charged sales tax, and was given a free $150 jacket. Also bought two reels at Turners (a Lexa 400HD and a Tranx 500). Got 10% off both, plus a free fill of braid on both (65 lb. J-Braid on the Lexa, 85 lb. Max Cuatro on the Tranx), and a free Daiwa, fleece lined hoodie (tagged at $65), Spent a few dollars but definitely saved a few too.
Oh yeah, at the beef jerky booth it was buy five packages and get two free. Lots of fun. A great show.

Last edited:
Reactions: XBDEE

Goldenglory18

Oct 1, 2015
Los Angeles
Name
Kenny
Boat
Whoever is chasing the yellows
My intent was to check out the used racks/cases and trade in some bass gear I haven't been using. I ended up getting a great condition MXL for only $25 after trade.

As for new stuff, I picked up a bunch of the Caivo jigs and some JRI's at Bob Sands, then scored a new Seeker at Squidco for ~80 off retail. I walked past the Haggard Pirate booth, snagged a few shirts then left.

FH is always a ton of fun, but its an experience more than a discount day. Hell, I need to plan better next year and just enjoy it more than scour for great deals on stuff I *think* I need this year.

r8rs4lf

Jun 17, 2017
Tree Juan ho
Name
Al
Boat
Salty AF
Did anyone play that fishing game by Turners? Saw a video of a UC pro staffer (Mike) fighting a tuna and got it to gaff.

Found out about it after the fact.

Reactions: Buttchaser

Trayscool

Captain
Sep 26, 2008
Long Beach
www.skipjackmafia.com
Name
Travis
Boat
NO BOATS
We went I gave my son $20 and he got some leadheads, some big hammers, a colt sniper (smart kid) and some silver spoons that the macs love

I got some random stuff but no rods/reels

Saw the $105K 20' Radon
and the 27' Farallon for $175K that seemed like a deal
Also climbed on the $1.2 million Whaler 42'...what a beast

FULLY LOADED

Long time member
Aug 10, 2005
VISTA CA
www.LongerShelfLife.com
Name
MARK aka "Mako"
Boat
Skipjack 262 Diesel "One Eyed Jack"
I usually load up on sabikis and hooks and some line and of course BD T SHIRTS!! Wheres our coupons for those ?? ..overall Not a bargain when you add admission and parking .I got decent deals last year on a used Seeker and TLD 50 maybe half price....I hear that if you are in DM on Sunday, the last day of the FH run, when they are ready to close.. more deals can be had..for cash so they dont have to pack it up.. JS...