Runway1

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 18, 2018
Orange County
Name
Runway1
Boat
None
What is the hot ticket at the show in terms of bargains? Thanks all for your inputs!

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
The bottom half...

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Best look at classified ads right here. Some awesome pricing on fluorocarbon from Jordan and Rob has good prices on hooks.

Reactions: mcrae

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
bargains???
oh only about 10 years too late
IMO its very very little and mainly on smaller stuff

its become over commercialized and more like hey look at us check out our new toys

This hits the nail on the head!

It’s a fun experience, but after you’ve been a few times, it’s nothing great. Most shops honor the same deals in their store.

If you live within walking distance, and can get a free pass it’s definitely worth going.

geebee

My Member is Well-Known
Nov 12, 2016
San Diego
Name
Gee Bee
Boat
Partial to AZTEC - aspiring to INTREPID

stangclassic66

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
25’ Parker
bargains???
oh only about 10 years too late
IMO its very very little and mainly on smaller stuff

its become over commercialized and more like hey look at us check out our new toys
Yes very much agreed! For that reason I only go to the San Diego show now. Much less congested and easier to just take your time and check stuff out. They should re-open the one at the Cow Palace to relieve the socal congestion at long beach.

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
That settles it... I ain't goin'.

Bob Sands

BOB SANDS TACKLE
Advertiser
Feb 26, 2011
Van Nuys, Ca USA
bobsandsfishingtackle.com
Name
Jamie
Boat
#1 Tackle Shop
Come on by the Bob Sands Tackle Booth.. We are one of the largest retail dealers at the show with everything at great savings.. Rods and reels from most all the manufacturers, JIgs and Bombs from JRI, Tady, Caivo, Leadmaster, Shimano and more all with Great Incentives specifically for the show...Flourocarbon, Bags, Tuffline Boots and more.. Everything from A to Z will be on sale at phenomenal prices.. Absolutely come by to see if our Blowout rack has something for you.

Best of luck

Jamie

albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
May 19, 2006
Crowley Lake, CA
Name
Christopher
Boat
Gone but not forgotten
If you are going just in hopes of finding a killer deal on rods or reels, you best look elsewhere. If you factor in your cost of parking and admission, not to mention your investment in time, then there just are not any. If you are looking for specials on iron, then you can definitely find them at the show, so you can stock up. Several retailers should have sales to attract your business; especially Bob Sands and Turners. I don't believe Baja Fish Gear or Charkbait will be present, but I could be proved wrong.

However, there is much more to experience at the show than just shopping. Most of the boats are in attendance, where else are you going to have the opportunity to talk to the various captains/operators under one roof? You can attend various seminars if so inclined. You can bend the ears of most tackle manufacturers and possibly provide them some input on your particular experience with their tackle.

But most of all, I go hoping to bump into my fellow anglers whom I do not normally see unless sharing the rail. The shared experience is what brings me back year after year!

BluefinCurly

Skipper
Aug 15, 2004
Norwalk
Name
Carl
Boat
Vagabond, The Last Minute
The Seaguar Fluoro deals are real.
Buy 2 (usually discounted) at your favorite booth, and get a third free at Seaguar's booth.
I dropped 6 bills just on floro and threadlock last year and walked out with about a grand in goods.