What are You really Thankful for? Please share how you've been blessed and let's keep this rolling.

PENN

Donkey Nick

Jul 16, 2012
Hollywood, CA, USA
Name
Nick Shamrock
Boat
Shamrock 246 Walkaround
I am Thankful for:

The Future on the ocean with my young son.
IMG_7728.jpg

All the memories made on the ocean with my Pop.
IMG_5174.jpg

Our Family and the Future.
IMG_2410.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and All the Best!

- Nick

Upvote 0

stella marina

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 21, 2011
    santa cruz
    Name
    Andrew
    Boat
    Parker 2320, 16 Klamath cc, 10 ft Livingston "bass slayer"
    After losing my mom this year...I was blessed with the most incredible boy..
    Tanner filled a void in my life, and kept me thankful for tomorrow.
    this is my first turkey day without my mom, but Tanner's first Thanksgiving...the cycle of life..
    looking forward to fishing and hunting with my new best bud!
    22518.jpeg

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    I am Thankful for:

The Future on the ocean with my young son.View attachment 1093647

All the memories made on the ocean with my Pop.
    View attachment 1093648

Our Family and the Future.
    View attachment 1093645

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and All the Best!

- Nick
    I feel Thankful, for my Wife for almost 30 years,
    and my two Boys that are doing good,
    and for the Vet for being wrong , about my Dog,
    only having 6 Months to A year left,
    shit he looks healthier the me, lol.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 21, 2010
    hemet/ca/riverside
    Name
    SCOTT
    Boat
    bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
    Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    I feel thankful and blessed to be alive after a car accident in the rain 2/28/2014 that should have killed me or at least paralyzed me. I feel thankful and blessed for still being around with my wife of 43 years when she stood side-by-side with me during the 20 toughest months of my life, and then I had my surgery to give me another shot at life. I feel thankful and blessed to have these 2 titanium rods in my back holding 5 of my vertebrae together. I feel thankful and blessed to have my 3 year old Grandaughter, she's so precious for my Wife and I. I feel thankful and blessed to have my fishing partner Bryan also stand by my side during the 20 toughest months of my life. I tried to give him my Parker for nothing yet he kept saying "we'll get you back on the water!" SOB, it happened! I feel thankful and blessed my 3 grown children are safe and happy and healthy. I feel thankful and blessed to still be working at Kaiser Permanente after 35+ years. I feel thankful and blessed to be able to interact and help other fellow fisherman when I can thanks to BDO! Fuck, now I'm crying with my wife over my shoulder as I finish typing.

Everyone, please, have a safe and blessed happy Thanksgiving!!! John.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

C-4 Fishing

Feb 4, 2014
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    Kayak
    I am thankful for my wife and 3 littles and a crazy puppy dog(miss my recently lost one), friends and the job that I have.

I am thankful for the water, the rain and the sun that we are accustom to.

I am thankful to be in this country where we can voice our opinions, even if I don’t agree on them, freely and openly. Most of the world does not have that luxury.

have a great day all

Upvote 0

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
    Fullerton
    Name
    SM
    Boat
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    I feel thankful and blessed to be alive after a car accident in the rain 2/28/2014 that should have killed me or at least paralyzed me. I feel thankful and blessed for still being around with my wife of 43 years when she stood side-by-side with me during the 20 toughest months of my life, and then I had my surgery to give me another shot at life. I feel thankful and blessed to have these 2 titanium rods in my back holding 5 of my vertebrae together. I feel thankful and blessed to have my 3 year old Grandaughter, she's so precious for my Wife and I. I feel thankful and blessed to have my fishing partner Bryan also stand by my side during the 20 toughest months of my life. I tried to give him my Parker for nothing yet he kept saying "we'll get you back on the water!" SOB, it happened! I feel thankful and blessed my 3 grown children are safe and happy and healthy. I feel thankful and blessed to still be working at Kaiser Permanente after 35+ years. I feel thankful and blessed to be able to interact and help other fellow fisherman when I can thanks to BDO! Fuck, now I'm crying with my wife over my shoulder as I finish typing.

Everyone, please, have a safe and blessed happy Thanksgiving!!! John.

How did the back fusion surgery work for you?

I think we all have something to be thankful for.

Reactions: catalin
    Upvote 0
    Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    All good things, friends! I work in an operating room helping assure all those titanium rods go in perfect! I am stoked to hear of folks getting fixed up. I am thankful for all of you sharing your knowledge, making my trips more productive! Thanks to BD, good health, and every day, every trip, every minute! (Oh yeah, lobsters, tuna, jacks, dorado, halibut, and every fish!) THANKS!

Upvote 0
    May 13, 2004
    Long Beach and points due west
    Name
    Bob Ballew
    Boat
    2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
    Like the Academy Awards, I am thankful for everything I have in my life, including 50 years of offshore adventure; both surface and underwater, my good wife who should be on her 3rd husband by now and my somewhat good kids...
    ...My wife is thankful for a penis that doesn't work and the fact I am finishing up our kitchen floor after 3 years of kitchen remodeling that somehow got sidetracked by saltwater...

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
    Fullerton
    Name
    SM
    Boat
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Like the Academy Awards, I am thankful for everything I have in my life, including 50 years of offshore adventure; both surface and underwater, my good wife and somewhat good kids...
    ...My wife it thankful for a penis that doesn't work and the fact I am finishing up our kitchen floor after 3 years of remodeling projects that somehow got sidetracked by saltwater...

I am the opposite, remodeling projects sidetracked the saltwater fishing. Reality is that over the past 3 years I lost my mother and mother-in-law. Thankful we had them for 84 and 96 years, respectfully, but the process of losing them is no fun.

Upvote 0

Johnlgarrison

• Jul 27, 2009
    Temecula CA USA!
    www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
    Name
    Johnny Garrison
    Boat
    Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
    I’m thankful for my wife who has put up with me for 40 years. My family this year brought us a new grandson. Time to spend with them all.

A6E85FE2-F179-4F20-9A95-CAA57FD49F64.jpeg 5FC6793A-E30D-4EEA-AFB6-BBB0DBDE1F70.jpeg

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    the process of losing them is no fun.

No two ways about that, and I'm sure OUR fishing stories barely scratch the surface if we tried to share the stories of trying to increase the longevity of our parents. Going through the process gave my wife and I satisfaction because we swore we'd never push them into a corner (put them in a home somewhere else), and we didn't. Lost my Dad/Father in 01/2018 @ the age of 90, it's never easy Steve.

Upvote 0