What are these two pieces of white tape for?

Pangamaster

Cow Town Here I come!
Jul 1, 2008
San Ramon, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
SD Long Range or Bay Area Day Boats.
Hey folks just bought a new Trinidad 30a and upgraded the handle. It the tackle pack with the reel seat were these two pieces of tape? Any idea what they are for?

also is the reel seat studs supposed to be loose? The nuts don’t tighten all the way down. Is that by design?
A4AC8454-9537-498B-885A-CA761718D22F.jpeg

Blackfish

Marble collector.
  • Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    I would guess tape for the reel seat bolts. Kind of like a teflon tape, but used to keep the reel seat from coming loose?

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Hey folks just bought a new Trinidad 30a and upgraded the handle. It the tackle pack with the reel seat were these two pieces of tape? Any idea what they are for?

also is the reel seat studs supposed to be loose? The nuts don’t tighten all the way down. Is that by design?View attachment 1271345
    Have you tried putting it on your rod and then tighten down on it??? The ones attached to the frame stay a little loose and once you tighten down on the screws it will conform to the diameter of your rod, Not all rods are the same thickness and this way it will conform more to the diameter of your rod, Instead of sticking way out when you tighten them down, like the old school metal penn reel frames.

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    Just ask the tackle shop where you bought them...or did you read the literature/instructions that came with the reel ?

richardblufin

Jun 23, 2009
    POWAY CA
    Name
    Richard Jones
    Boat
    Bigger is Better Thats what she said
    Pitchinwedge has got it right. I had to call the tackle shop at fishermans landing cause I did not knows what dis here tape was for.