What 2320 Parker?

Discussion in 'Parker Boats - The Tradition Continues' started by JoeyH650, Jul 3, 2018.

1. JoeyH650

JoeyH650 Stay salty, my friends.

Name:
    Joey
    Boat:
    15.5' Livingston
    I’m in the mindset of a major upgrade maybe this time next year or so to purchase my first big boat..and have been sold a thousand times over on a 2320. I check this forum daily just to read people’s stories, builds, and to drool over photos..Good size boat to trailer up and down California, good size for going off shore, good size to comfort fish with 3-4 people are some personal preference points.. beside it being a badass boat in general. I will be in the market for a deep V since I live in Northern California..But just for fun.. what are some people’s favorite year 2320 and why? With the changes on different transoms and general boat layout and small things too. Cheers everyone

2. Bogs Njord

Bogs Njord Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Njord
    Definitely get the years that have a full back engine bracket/swim platform. You then have a transom Fish hold and room for a kill back on the engine bracket. Great boats I love mine

JoeyH650 likes this.
  3. Bogs Njord

Bogs Njord Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Njord
    Also I wouldn’t go for the ones with a “bait tank” in the transom and “transom door”. Just a gimmick to sell boats. No one is gonna actually use either of these things. A bigger transom Fish hold is much better and a real on deck bait tank

JoeyH650 and 7raptor like this.
  4. 7raptor

7raptor happy to be here

Name:
    yup
    Boat:
    A Big One
    The fishbox in the transom door models makes for a great cooler/food storage.

RideMX4life21, Mickdick and JoeyH650 like this.
  5. djam

djam Member

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    Parker 2320 (Terabite)
    I have the full transom, we put our kill bag across the back and use the "fish hold" for tackle, line, and safety gear. We have a large bait tank in the middle of the deck, plenty of room for 4 large guys to fish. Unless you are going to only be fishing artificials I'd say you will need a full sized bait tank. I wish Parker offered it as an option, full back vs. door.

Mickdick, BigJ186 and JoeyH650 like this.
  6. vipertom1970

vipertom1970 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    Must have, bracket + minimum F250 engine. The hull has not changed the last 10 years but you do lose about 6” due to wider transom on the new model and don’t count on the build in tank too much besides holding squid, drinks or mac.

JoeyH650 likes this.
  7. JoeyH650

JoeyH650 Stay salty, my friends.

Name:
    Joey
    Boat:
    15.5' Livingston
    Awesome input thank you guys.. any ‘interior’ major or minor things? Besides normal wear and tear if the boat is in good safe condition.. buying an older model and updating it might not be a bad way to go..

8. Bogs Njord

Bogs Njord Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Njord
    Do your best to make sure there is no water in the wood that makes up the inside of the transom. My buddy had this on his parker 2520 and had to do a ton of work to fix it.

JoeyH650 likes this.
  9. WHALER21

WHALER21 Newbie

Name:
    Carlos
    Boat:
    Parker 2320, 15ft Boston Whaler & 16Ft G3
    If you plan on taking your Parker on long offshore runs to the albie grounds, you may want to consider that Parker actually decreased the model 2320 fuel capacity from 150 to 120 gallons. Not a huge change, but can make a difference especially if the weather gets unexpectedly rough and your fuel burn increases on your way back to port. I own a 2008 Parker 2320 with a 150 gallon fuel capacity. I was looking at a 2015 Parker 2320 at a dealer and was told that the newer models now have a 120 gallon capacity. So somewhere between 2008 and 2015, Parker made this change and decreased the fuel capacity for the newer 2320 models.

10. Bogs Njord

Bogs Njord Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Njord
    I have a 2015 the fuel capacity is 137 gallons. Whoever told you 120 was wrong. The new boats do have less gas true, but only 13 gallons less. Which can make a difference but not as drastic as 30 gallon difference you thought

FHisherman likes this.
  11. QwikSticks

QwikSticks Chucka

Name:
    Brian M
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    Heres a tip that 137 gallons can easily be converted to 150 gallons. The tank size never changed they just put a valve in place for air expansion in the tank. removed the valve.

oceanski likes this.
  12. oceanski

oceanski Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Taylor O
    Boat:
    2003 Davis Bahia
    In 2008 they “changed” to a 137 gallon tank. This is great info above.

13. A-K

A-K Member

Name:
    Aaron
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    Can someone tell me where this valve is at?

vipertom1970 likes this.
  14. mrfish11

mrfish11 "Ice Melter"

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    Parker 2320, 17x60 Willies
    Pm eli, ledbed, he knows all about this valve.

A-K likes this.
  15. alwaysbendo

alwaysbendo Newbie

Name:
    Vinnnnn
    Boat:
    23' seacraft
    Mine is new with the bait tank and door.. stupidest thing I’ve ever seen but the boat is awesome

16. No Bones

No Bones Newbie

Name:
    Dwight
    Boat:
    Cape Horn 17 (Sold), Parker 2320
    I actually like the storage area and live well in the stern, but I'm a newbie for sure with Parkers so open for opinions. I like the option to bleed smaller to middle sized fish then throw them on ice. I bleed every fish that comes on my boat no matter what it is. If it ain't bled its bait I'm my opinon.

17. Fishingguy

Fishingguy I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker
    I absolutely love the new stern with the cooler and bait tank. That extra bait tank has been so helpful in my fishing this past year holding Macs and squid since I dont mix the baits. I keep all food in the extra middle cooler section.

My only gripe is the door. not the biggest fan of it. didnt use it much and it also does not fit tuna over 300 pounds either. The fish just gets stuck.

For interior mods.... I took off my bench seat and replaced with 160 yeti cooler and hold my ice up there. works great.

RideMX4life21 likes this.
  18. BigJ186

BigJ186 Newbie

Name:
    Jeremy
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    Wish I had that problem of trying to fit a 300lb tuna through the door. Yeti idea is awesome. Though I’m thinking of putting a microwave there on mine

JoeyH650 likes this.
  19. Craig PW

Craig PW Always Learning

Name:
    Craig
    Boat:
    2017 Parker 2320
    I put a microwave in mine and keep my drink cooler at my feet below the helm as kind of a foot rest. Really like it, but doesn't hold as much food and drink as fishingguy. Different strokes for different folks, and different applications. I'll post my microwave install on my 2320 build page here within a few days.

I got a used 2017 year model with the full transom. While I haven't owned or been on the newer model, I'm really happy with mine, especially since I got it "used" with only 10 hours on the engine. It's in the new brighter white color instead of the old "Parker White." It has the nice Parker metal decals on the side too. And I've been doing what everyone else does and put a kill bag on the swim step instead of using the fish hold.

For me personally, I think I got the perfect year model. But again, different strokes for different folks.

20. vipertom1970

vipertom1970 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    Another quick and easy option to a microwave and not dealing with inverter or electrical is a portable $20 prophane burner.

Something like this and it less then $20 at the Chinese market

8799E051-7115-46BC-8844-2BE5C60C503C.png

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019