What’s up with the Seeker D8?

BlackShuck

Jun 12, 2018
Woodland Hills
Name
Brady
Boat
N/A
Can somebody explain what the hype is all about over the Greenie Seeker D8 with the little dude on it? Why’s everyone looking for them, what are they hoping to use them for?
Thanks

Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
It was designed to have the same action as a Truline D8. Truline D8's are very hard to find and when you do find one they can cost a thousand dollars or more. If the rod is something that you want to fish rather than add to your collection then it makes sense to buy a Seeker Pinhead for a couple of hundred dollars and then fish the hell out of it without worrying about it breaking or getting damaged. A lot of people really like the old school action of the D8's. I have 2 of the Pinhead 36's and they are nice rods. I fish them all the time for 25 and 30 lb.

Reactions: richardblufin

kenstevens1

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 1, 2013
huntington beach /ca/us
Name
ken
Boat
none
They named it right. Same actionn as a truline. Who thinks all truline d8s pull the same? Seeker is s glass right? I have an S glass but it's a berkley. Who's seen one of those

Screenshot_20210529-075012_Messages.jpg

Upvote 0

dalurker

old skool rules
Dec 23, 2004
Cyber Sea
Name
#%^&) !!!
Boat
my blood vessel
Can somebody explain what the hype is all about over the Greenie Seeker D8 with the little dude on it? Why’s everyone looking for them, what are they hoping to use them for?
Thanks
as you stated, "Hype"!
too many in the industry are taken by all the hype and jump on the band wagon.

what it comes down to is, whether YOU like it or not. some do some don't! i **Think** the CalStar 6480 was designed to mimic the D8 as well. JMHO.

Reactions: plj46
Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I have a Seeker ph 36 and have no idea what's supposed to be so great about it.

Reactions: dalurker
Upvote 0

stripedbizzle

Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles ca
Name
JTM
Boat
No
I’m a seeker guy and hate the d8; there are some variations of the seeker d8 that are better than others but the rod in general just sucks. It’s a noodle - barely heavy enough to fish 30. If you enjoy getting your ass kicked and seeing your rod bend in half then that’s good for you. if you want to venture into vintage/lb seekers (or seekers in general) there’s a lot better places to put your money.

either way people like what they like - the green glass does look pretty fuckn cool out in the sun

Reactions: kbray001
Upvote 0

jiggyn

Do you even fish?
Jan 26, 2008
Torrance
Name
Jerr
Boat
shit talking
No way is it close to the original D8
And Iam a big Truline guy IMO the 6480 is very similar to the bend and pull of a Truline D8
Heck look at the BH89 and seeker BH89 not even close

Reactions: plj46
Upvote 0

atun53

Almost A Member
Nov 27, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Name
Chris Johnson
Boat
Skiff
Had a the original Seeker 36 and D8. Sold both. Pulled on the pinhead versions and they were too soft. The old black steel 270H-8 is a better rod.

Latest posts